Design Desk Inc.
Gravity Distillation De-humidification System, A "free energy" system!
(copyright cc creative commons "open source" "free to use")
The following system acts as a "water source" for use in arid climates. The design system also then produces excess electricity to pump the water. The system then of scalable nature to accommodate industrial agricultural installations or may be small for use in remote domicile. The design can re-fill dry water wells!
The design then being a fuel less water harvester / heat source, can elongate the growing season if used in greenhouse applications as a power source. In places where there is no greenhouse available the water can be produced in the winter to refill the water table in the off season.
This design used for aquaculture ( fish farming ) would then increase the financial resource to then install lots of these type of system to correct the water depletion problem regarding the failing Ogallala Aquifer. This in turn will correct agricultural water availability for farming. ( for fish farming the out flow water pump, number 34 is then used for filtration cycle (post water cooling), and with an additional air pump motivated by the electric motor (dual shaft) then be able to oxygenate the pond, bay, marina if union tandem to an air compressor ... etc...). the design might be able to be fitted to a buoy then assisting in ph balance of the water!!!
1. air intake filter surrounding electric blower fans to increase water production by increased air flow
across the refrigeration evaporator. The electric fans then also connect to the system electronics
logic electronic circuit board
2. screened air intake grid - food grade stainless steel screen
3. refrigeration evaporator - encasement with food grade stainless steel screen - chamber with air flow
"back flow discharge" port to allow the electric blower fans air pressure to vent to the exterior of the system
4. refrigerant transfer couplings
5. vacuum level sensor maximum vacuum safety limiter - electric hydrogen safety sensor
( vacuum purge cycle) - manual vacuum preset level one way valve, required to manually cause
vacuum within the de-humidification collection tank prior to system "Start". Number 5 also contains
an environmental temperature sensor to then cause the "freeze prevention cycle", where as the system
will be caused to run at a temperature that will prevent freezing when outdoor cold temperatures drop
below 32 degrees F.
The unit also controls the electric motor motivating the refrigeration compressor to then shut the
refrigeration system down when the condensate tank , number 18 is indication full water level. The unit
allows for the discharge of water into the de-humidification water tank from remote humidity collection
system if used for agriculture.
The unit uses a return water dampener valve that will also retain vacuum
containing dual electromagnets. The unit then also containing an "all stop" / "shut off" safety fault circuit
that communicates with the system logic electronics circuit processors to ensure that the unit is operating
correctly. The vacuum "pre-set" level then greater than the "water weight" with in the "return pipe" above
the equilibrium water line "to exceed" water return weight 50% as determined by scale ( if the water
above the equilibrium line then is 50 lbs. (pounds) then the vacuum level is set at negative 100 lbs).
The unit contains a relative humidity sensor to assist in system optimal performance. The humidity
sensor also reports to the system logic control electronic circuits.
* Note - Material selection to retain structural integrity in the de-humidification tube is critical to not then
incur implosion due to high vacuum
6. vacuum coupling
7. vacuum pipe
8. de-humidification tube full level water pressure feed tube - assist in electric clutch , number 13 control
keeps the de-humidification tube from over filling - discharges return water to number 18
9. one way vacuum valve
10. pneumatic vacuum pump piston type - the vacuum pump is not required to operate all of the time,
the system is "carried" (continues to operate), by the electrical re-introduction circuit
(ie... the generator powering the electric motor) - * the vacuum pump then equipped with manual
actuation to causes rotation to produce the initial "pre -set" vacuum level established prior to system start
via compression of a flat spring ratchet winder to then cause, upon release of the tension in the flat
spring the vacuum pump to incur rotation. The electric clutch is not engaged when the
"pre-start" vacuum level is being attained. The flat spring ratchet tension then able to be incurred by a
foot pedal depression lever and gear system that when released causes manual vacuum pump actuation.
11. air exhaust filter box
12. vacuum pump mounting plate
13. vacuum pump electric actuated mechanical clutch - causes engagement of the vacuum pump
14. r.p.m. ( revolutions per minute ) sensor - circuit path regulates system speed and electricity re-introduction
circuit with the produced electricity from the system's main high voltage generator, number 40 through a
circuit controlled potentiometer / variable resistor, then adjusting the re-introduction electricity level
to the main drive line's electric motor number 46. the circuit is "on" when starting the system.
15. hydraulic impeller
16. pipe coupling
17. water flow valve - solenoid actuation / solenoid positioning - critical ... the length of the flow pipe between
number 18 and number 15 must be of sufficient length to then allow the falling head weight under high
vacuum "tilt" the flow cycle so that the speed of the hydraulic pump is attained while the electric
re-introduction circuit is active. This allows the design to continue to "run". The valve
contains "tank drain" position that allows the water to empty via coupler pipe fitting port. The valve is in
the closed position when filling the water tank.
18. de-humidification water tank ( tube ) 10 to 20 times the diameter of the water return pipe
number 23 - larger diameter for larger applications, smaller diameter for smaller applications....
smaller diameter tubes then may require taller structural tube ie... height increase for smaller diameter
de-humidification water tank and distilled water holding tank... smaller diameter 12" dia. ( diameter)
water tank tubes may reduce the total cost of instillation to then provide a more affordable alternative.
A 12" dia. water tube the using a 5/8" outflow pipe diameter and a 1 1/2 return tube dia. along lines
of thought like that....
19. water pressure meter dial display
20. shut off water valve manual positioning - contains external hose tap fitting
21. high water pressure water pipe
22. "T" pipe coupling
23. return "run" cycle water pipe the diameter of the flow pipe then twice the diameter of the water exhaust
pipe exiting the de-humidification retainer water tube water tank. The "run return flow pipe" , number 23
and number 18 will be manually filled with water prior to system "start" for correct operation by
the 90 degree bend in the top of the return pipe at a clean out port. The system is filled with number
17 in the closed position. ( the system comes with a long pipe brush to clean number 23)
24. distilled water water tank
25. water steam "in flow pipe" may be coupled with refrigeration evaporator to cool the water in the
26. electric sensor bore electric sensor signal send ( +/-), connects to internal distilled water water float
sensor to - assist in system dormant mode "until more water is demanded and allows the system
to "run" to then continue to dehumidify and distill and pump the collected water actuating number 34.
Sensor connects to the system's control electronics system mapping electronic circuit board
to "manage" the functions to the system..
27. high temperature steam tube
28. water steam coupling
29. maximum water steam pressure safety valve and electric motor driven steam condensate steam
pump - contains outlet and return water valve if used for steam production for high voltage "utility"
scale power plants outlet - steam out. Return water / steam in post turbine rotating utility scale
generator valve coupling. The water out pump number 34 to cooling radiators to return to number
18 at fitting upon number 59 once the water has cooled.
30 decompression cooling sphere - allows the steam to cool and fill the drip pan
31. sphere exhaust drip pan ( may cause the water to be remotely directed away from the system )
32. water steam flow pipe
33. one way water flow valve - dual coupling
34. house water pressure "feed" water pump electric motor sealed gas type electric motor
35. water pump "wheel"
36. water filter
37. "to house / application" water "shut off" valve manual positioning. The valve
contains "tank drain" position that allows the water to empty via coupler pipe fitting port
38. external tank electrical ground point
39. permanent magnet Magneto Ac ( alternating current ) electricity generator feeds the field coil / stator of
the the main high voltage generator ( explosion proof sealed gas type - prevents low level ozone
40. high voltage Ac electricity generator ( explosion proof sealed gas type - prevents low level
41. small pulley tandem rotated with the armature's of the main high voltage generator and the
armature of the magneto
42. voltage regulator - controls the electrical voltage level directed via wire to the generators field
coil - may use circuit controlled potentiometer to gradually increase the electricity level to the main
generator, number 40's field coil. The voltage regulator also containing a circuit breaker to limit
electricity feed to the generator stator.
43. large pulley also acts as a flywheel contains weights balanced to "sustain" inertia
44. high speed water pump
45. 1:20 ratio gear set - sealed lubrication high side of the ratio gear set "output rotation " tandem rotating
with the internal pump wheel of the high speed water pump, number 44
46. dual shaft electric motor with armature tandem rotation with the input rotation of the 1:20 ratio gear set.
The electric motor's other shaft then tandem rotating "union affixed" to the internal hydraulic (water)
impeller "wheel" of number 15. ( explosion proof sealed gas type electric motor - prevents low
47. electricity management control system circuit breaker box and system logic electronics control
boards contains cooling fans "on / off" switches and manual position dial settings for system functions
48. steam chamber pressure regulator and safety valve and electric steam pump ( water / steam )
- contains safety valve vents under excessive water steam pressure and or containing refrigeration
evaporator ( begins the condensation cycle) location to then cause the steam pipe to then act as a water
condenser as the pipe itself then is thermally conductive a "cold" pipe that is also thermally and electrically
49. water boiler chamber encasement (also contains pump assembly drive line as an
"all weather" encasement with locking access door)
50. electric resistance water boiler chamber
51. dehumidified water
52. electric resistor heating elements
53. water pressure meter also electric sensor for information to assist in system safety
"assist" in the "all stop" safety function and contains water temperature sensor and temperature display
upon the dial meter signal then also reports to the logic processing electronic circuit control board.
54. manual water "shut off" valve also an electrically actuated valve used in system "run" mode to then
open, with timed interval, allowing equal water into the steam chamber vs. water inlet humidity
collection volume of water. This is an automatic function then actuated by the electronics control board.
This allows for constant "head weight " of water in the de-humidification tank to continue the cycle ...
This allows the generator to remain in operation. Multi inlet port valve
55. water level float and electric sensor signal "send" - causes the disengagement of the vacuum
pumps electric actuated mechanical clutch and controls the refrigeration system actuation. The cap
mounting coupling also then acting as a valve mount that when the system is in high speed actuation will
cause water to discharge into the de-humidification holding tank tube.
The water pressure meter, number 19 then also with reporting to the logic processor can then be able to
cause force opening of the water gate valve in number 55 valve assembly to allow the decompression of
the "run" water line / flow pipe system. the meter number 19 then also acting as a safety sensor / fault
sensor to prevent the design system from over pressurization. An "all stop" function safety sensor.
56. one way restriction valve dampeners valve - only opens by high vacuum in the chamber, the one
way dampener valve then with timed electromagnets (sum of two -"repellent" to "open" the dampener
plate controlled by timed circuit), to allow short open cycle to release the water without loosing vacuum.
The valve uses coil spring expansion to the closed position.
57. distilled water tank tube cap interference fit
58. de-humidification water tank water tube tank cap interference fit
59. return water "run" cycle water pipe coupling
60. pulley drive belt
61. water "to house" pipe - requires additional final filter - may couple to 54 if used in Utility scale
steam pressure cycle - stem production system to replace fossil fuels for utility scale electricity production
62. water float mounts guide hoops
63. water "line pressure" water pressure meter
64. distillation water tank "tube" over pressure water "cycle return coupling - allows water steam to
cycle to the de-humidification for "system clean" cycle to cleanse the de-humidification water tank tube
with high temperature water to prevent pathogens from forming or growing in the de-humidification
65. water transfer steam flex tube - insulated has setting for cold weather "run" cycle allows steam to
transfer in cold weather mode - valve contains automatic flow path selection switch references
outdoor temperature from sensor (thermometer) in number 5. The cold weather function the a
lower discharge of steam than the system clean out cycle.
66. insulated water steam flex hose coupling
67. distillation water tank float and system full sensor assembly causes the system to go "dormant" as a
mode of function for water production / water collection yet will or may still allow the electricity
production system to continue to produce electricity to feed electrical current to the domicile
68. electric valve control solenoid
69. electric refrigeration "bay"
* Note - number 4 connects to number 4 via refrigerant connection pipes
* Note - wire bus clips "A" to "A" / "B" to B" plug to the system control electronics to then preform their
intended function working in association with the logic board control electronic circuits
* Note - ensure correct electrical grounding is attained upon all flow pipes.
* Note - internal system material selection then of food grade stainless steel.
The water "head weight" in the de-humidification collection tank then impales the water impeller , number 15 rotating the mechanical drive line containing the ratio gear set and connected components to cause a "hydraulic draft effect" between the hydraulic pump, number 44 and the preceding hydraulic impeller, number 15.
This causes system acceleration!
The water "head weight" then also counteracting the mechanical resistance encountered within the system's ratio gear set and return water flow / water pump resistance ( if field humidity remotes are used). The water column "head weight" then also then counteracting the electromagnetic resistance magneto and main high voltage generator. Higher speed and volume of return water is then produced by high chamber
vacuum ( within number 18), and with the assistance of the electricity "re-introduction circuit" as a percentile of generated electricity then directed, via wire and control circuit, to the system's electric motor number 46". The remainder of the produced electricity then is applied to the system's other electrical components.
This causes the rotation of the generator assembly producing electricity that is also then able to be directed, via wire, to the system's electric motor to accelerate the total system allowing enough excess electrical current production to then cause the electric refrigeration and distillation system to operate.
The electromagnetic "pressure" ( electricity in the electric motor), then atop the fluid velocity rate calculated by the compounding rate of rotation due to the "hydraulic draft effect". The refrigeration system then causing the refrigeration evaporator to aid in the condensation of environmental humidity and the distillation system to clean the water to make it safe for consumption (potable water).
The design system contains a vacuum pump that is motivated by the rotation of the drive line
and de-humidification water column "head weight". The falling water then impaling the water impeller
The falling surface area of the water within the cylinder then acting as a syringe, increasing vacuum within the
top of the water tank chamber, number 18. Number 18's vacuum level to increase the suction upon the return water to the water tank number 18 assisted by the basal vacuum level set, manually incurred prior to system "Start".
Cycling water in this fashion can produce perpetual rotation and any moving fluid causes mild static electricity and may cause electrolysis so care must be taken to electrically ground the system also with a hydrogen sensor in the sensor unit, number 5, to then allow the system to air purge engaging the vacuum pump by electric actuation of the mechanical clutch if excessive hydrogen is detected. The vacuum pump, when engaged, will cause the vacuum pump to pull environmental air through the air intake and chill the air flow condensing the humidity into water droplets filling the water tank.
The system is a clean water, water production plant that is scalable for large agricultural applications that can be applied without large infrastructure project cost involving installing pipe networks thus reducing the cost of installation.
The design then a micro electricity producing "fuel less power plant" that produces distilled water by de-humidification.
*Note - flow system flow pipe, number 8 may then also be made to drive remote air compression impellers
to increase the humidity intake of the system, via connection hose, with the air flow then driven by
hydraulic impeller tandem rotating with a blower fan.
* Note - all motors and generators are sealed gas type - prevents low level ozone formation
* Note - all water pumps and water impellers housings of the "pump / impeller wheels" are then of stainless
steel composition as the deign is a high speed flow system. The housings then thermally
and electrically insulated while being electrically grounded to control static electricity
The pressurized return water, post additional hydraulic drive impeller blower humidity collection system, then increasing the volume of water by increased area then being dehumidified. The pressurized water (hydraulic impeller drive pressure ) would then return to it's connection coupling, via return flex water hose, upon the humidification collection water tank, number 18.
The blower fan then would, via air duct, increase the localized humidity surrounding the system intake at number 2. The length of the hose to the remote humidity collection air intake system then may also be made to become water irrigation for agricultural crops to "low cycle" the humidity thus recovering the field evaporation...
Before final human consumption a water quality monitoring system should be used upon the out flow of the system to then check the water especially in industrial regions or where airborne contaminates may cause a hazard. This design should be used in tandem with https://www.designdeskinc.com/air-stratifier.html to then low altitude cycle the water to reduce water thermal atmospheric retention of solar gain heat.
The air stratification system the using the liquefaction of air to produce active forced compression to extract humidity. This method the by "unit of volume" vs. cost of production, causes a higher water yield. The above design system then also as a power source for https://www.designdeskinc.com/oceanic-desalination.html
The design may be incorporated within the following design system;
For the above system the water head weight then to be of sufficient weight to then cause the system to operate correctly ... the scale of the system then addressing the performance dynamic of it's service requirement.
A four person home then currently uses about 150 gallons of water per person per day. So if scaling for a single family home the approximate water condensate tube ( number 18 ) then would be about 22' - 25' with a diameter of 12". The system then holding about 500 lbs. (pounds) of water weight in the vertical column.
The system vacuum level then determined by material selection of the water / vacuum retainer tube tanks. The vacuum level then sufficient to cause a suction effect for the high speed return water flow. The electrical electricity power production system then may also operate by cycling the water even when
the de-humidification and distilled water tank are indicating full water level.
The design system then may be connected to a homes fire alarm system to then automatically activate an interior water sprinkler system ( fire suppression system ). Additional water holding tank and electric water pump may be required.
In extremely arid regions the system may use flash boiling the homes grey water water discharge to recover water vapor that has been distilled in a separate unit to then use the grey water in it's own cycle thus reducing the total level of water required...
* Note - The design system can be adapted for use as a micro oceanic distillation system with an additional salt laden water auger water pump driven by electric motor to evacuate the saltwater concentrate from the "flash boil" chamber. The water auger driven by an electric pump and or water flow itself added to the water heater chamber number 51 with the air discharge from number 10 then directed to a bubble matrix within the water chamber, number 51. The electric actuation saltwater concentrate port valve will contain a water pressure sensor connected to the system's electronics control electronics to control air and water outflow.
Heavy saltwater laden water then to total water evaporation system not to be reintroduced back into to the ocean.
* Note - The steam pressure then may be able to replace coal, natural gas, or Uranium for "Utility" scale
power production. The produced steam pressure then to motivate steam turbines to rotate generators
of electricity. High pressure steam coupling and valve then upon number 29 ie... "to" the "existing"
"Utility scale" power plant.
The water steam pressure will then be able to rotate existing steam turbines connected to "Utility"
scale High Voltage producing electricity generators. The return steam pressure
then connecting, via flow pipe, to a one way flow valve upon an additional pipe coupling upon
number 54 to "re-heat" the water steam before returning to the utility scale steam turbine rotating
the industrial size generator.
An additional drive belt driven ( via pulley ) rotary type piston air compressor may be added to
the system to inject filtered pressurized air into the steam chamber water to "bubble" air causing
increase steam production.
This is then increasing the total steam outflow pressure to spin existing Utility scale steam turbines
used for electricity production. The feed pipe "to" the steam chamber, post air compressor, then
containing a one way flow valve.
(copyright cc creative commons "open source" "free to use")