Design Desk Inc.
The "Water Cooler" is a multi function design concept then providing constant electricity out put produced by a fuel less generator also able to electrify water de-humidification equipment ( dehumidifier ), water distillation equipment, water refrigeration, and forced air H.V.A.C. ( heating, ventilation and air conditioning) equipment. The system also then acting as a H.V.A.C. system to cause forced hot air displacement as a heater and as a fuel less air conditioner. The design placed in any region will then act as a well spring also then able to pump the harvested water from a ground well with the excess electricity it produces. The design placed upon roof tops for buildings could provide unlimited clean water and electricity for lighting clothes cleaning or other function. The design with the air conditioner active upon a roof top can provide lighting, water collection / irrigation for roof top gardens...
1. water "taps" ( hot water and cold water dispenser )
2. Air flow conduits sum of 10 polar array about top view center point
3. washable ( reusable ) sponge air filter atop vents
4. systems external control panel on/ off switching system operating parameters water temperature
levels , blower fan speed control, heat levels for both air and water, air conditioner control
switching, de-humidification control switching, lamp control switching.
5. panel display electronics circuit board "bay".
7. refrigeration evaporator
8. freezer cold air vent port
9. freezer refrigeration evaporator
10. super cold air blower motor air filter and blower fan
11. hot cold air flow flap
12. cold air circulation discharge flow coupling ( connects to air conditioning discharge vents in adjacent rooms)
13. fresh air intake or exhaust filter grid....
14. hot air intake or exhaust filter....
15. louvered flap
16. louvered flap
17. hot air discharge coupling ( vent connects to adjacent rooms )
18. louver control solenoid
19. louver control solenoid
20. exhaust distilled water ( to holding tank )
21. return from hot water tank
22. hot water out
23. air filter
24. blower fan
25. generator upon slide drawer closed position tension coil spring
26. generator bay slide drawer
27. docking wire "bus" / hot bar - contains send and return - wires
28. power management transformers and voltage regulators "bay"
29. systems circuit logic processing pump and valve control sensor circuit logic to maintain correct operation
of total system.
30. refrigeration logic processing "refrigeration / "switching control"
31. refrigerant direction control valve (electric)
32. refrigerant compressor
33. electric motor drives refrigeration compressor
34. receptacle ( multiple format may be used here 240v Ac 120v Ac ( Ac = alternating current or the system
may use 24v Dc direct current or 12v Dc current outlets ( multiple break out recess available to install
additional outlets to accommodate multiple current levels
35. refrigeration refrigerant level gauge ( P.S.I. gauge / "pounds per square inch" meter / gauge)
36. refrigerant one way fill valve
37. refrigerant pressure tank
38. water pump
39. vacuum pump
40. max pressure safety valve
41. distillation unit
42. refrigeration "bay" ( contains refrigeration systems )
43. water drip "catch tray"
44. water catch from water catch tray
45. water catch tray container drain lever and valve
46. on demand hot water heater ( electric ) intake water feed from the water bottle discharge flow tube before the
flow reaches the water tap. The flow valve that collects the humidity condensation from the bowl then just
above the negative end of the "on demand" electric water heater is a two tube flow line - one line
from the main distilled water flow tube is the intake for the on demand water heater the other flow tube
then a the same view location ( side view) then allows flow to the distillation unit. (ie there are two tubes
at the location
47. cold water tap valve lever
48. hot water tap valve lever
49. water steam discharge port ( used during the system self clean cycle)
50. ambient external air intake for the de-humidification system with filter and sneeze gaurd
51. clear acrylic water bottle casing internal vacuum chamber to prevent exterior condensation
52. water bottle clear plastic slight flexibility
53. water bottle vacuum line
54. distilled water inlet with water bottle water level sensor ( level sensor governs system actuation keeps
the bottle full)
55. water bottler extraction handle ( hinged )
56. water bottle max pressure safety valve contains all stop sensor when actuated reports to systems
57. lamp ring lights... redundant as emergency lighting
58. optional air ionizer / electrostatic air filter
59. air filters ( in all air conduit flow tubes square shape)
60. water bottle cold plate chills the water bottle
61. refrigeration evaporator
62. water catch bowl ( acts as a cooling exchange for the refrigeration refrigerant condenser via flow within
the coil tubes within the bowl)
63. systems heating elements for forced air / hot air discharge quartz heating elements / thermostat upon
the control display number 4
64. hot air blower fan and electric motor
65. cooling exchanger allows cold in chamber containing the refrigeration condenser
66. refrigeration system refrigerant condenser
67. heat sink cooling exchanger fluid flow pump ( salt water cycle )
68. water bottle weight valve (actuated when the bottle is placed within it's recess)
69. drip tray height adjustment lever
70. paper cup dispenser
71. water filter
72. fuel less generator control panel, ( generator listed at http://www.designdeskinc.com/cross-pump-generator.html
73. water bottle clamp lid locking clasp lever
74. cold air intake exhaust air filter
75. hot air intake / exhaust air filter
"A" = distillation unit clean out drawer
"B" = systems foot base sum of 6 within 360 degrees
*Note - the top of the unit is wall mounted anchored to the wall of the dwelling bracket located just above
number 8 upon the exterior of the system)
The water condensate from the upper chamber containing the main evaporator is then directed via tube to the lower intake union at the water tap assembly and or vented into the freeze chamber to form chilling ice to then enter the distillation system when melting. Freezing also assist in pathogen removal and is prior to the systems distillation system.
The design is self cleaning via the distillations steam cycle to then clean by temperature the water collection recess.
Water steam filters also upon the main water collection water chamber.
The H.V.A.C. design then with two evaporators and one condenser within the total refrigeration system. The refrigeration condenser then is chilled by a cooling exchanger acting a a heat sink that contains a circulation pump cycling the internal fluid chilled by the lower cold plate that then chills the condenser. The upper evaporator then acting as the air conditioner air chiller... The dehumidification system with an additional independent internal evaporator and water condensate pumping system feeding water to the distillations system ( the dehumidification system uses the H.V.A.C. condenser chill assisted by the cooling exchanger)..
Within the water bottle adjacent to the lamp will contain a negative pressure (vacuum ) tube the to allow pressure equilibrium when filling the water bottle. The vacuum then produced within the distillation system also allowing for cyclic distillation.
The water bottle air flow return tubes surrounding the water bottle ( sum of 10 ) will contain the required flow systems for electricity refrigerant, wire bus control circuits and in the air flow only channels an air filter is then inserted into the flow tubes ( atmospheric ionizer optional).
The forced air blower, then located just beneath the quartz heat elements, motivated by an electric motor driving the blower fan. The motor fan assembly is able to rotate in both clock wise and counter clock wise rotation to then cause heat lower upon displacement and cold air through the top displacement ports... ( with the cold air cycle active the condenser then chilled by the cooling exchanger, simultaneously the temperature is dropped by the top cooling evaporator). The cold plate then uses the water mass itself as a heat sink within the cooling exchanger system. Wall clearance then at 12" upon the mounting. A wall mount thermal insulated safety plate to protect the wall will also mount to the wall that contains the top system wall mount union mounting bracket.
The water bottle has a screw on lid ..opened for periodic cleaning...and the water bottle is extractible when the system cap is detached at the 10 encasement flow / conduit ( multi wire- refrigeration tubes/ hoses ) are unbolted to allow for the water bottle extraction.
The electrical out put receptacle then also containing circuit breakers to limit the electricity output and keep the system safe. The power generator system contains sealed electric motors and may contain generators located at http://www.designdeskinc.com/hydraulic-draft-cycle.html
Even though the system is required mounted for safety the power system then contains a tilt switch to only allow for operation in when the system is in the vertical position. The "tilt switch" is a safety measure. The system will contain an electrical ground to then control any stray static or capacitance electricity to prevent injury due to static electricity via ground wire to house hold wiring or earth pin connector.
A flow directional louvered shutter "air gate / directional valve", is then actuated by electric solenoid, just above the quartz heater and another upon the hot air exhaust wall connection port. This then causes the air flow directed when the onboard O2 (oxygen sensor) determines that the cycling air needs to be exchanged vectoring the flow air to the connected heat exhaust port wall connection tube that is coupled with the wall mount thermal insulation plate allowing air duct work within the buildings walls to exchange the room air while being able to dehumidify, heating or cooling the air if required...
This allows for a building to then contain multiple service points with a small self sustained unit with an "intelligent" service system. ( ie.... the design can sense the climate of multiple rooms upon different floors of the building and adjust the system accordingly to effect different rooms or floors with a central unit).
The larger system will also require a water "dump" connection drain (out flow pipe), to then discharge any excess water not harvested and processed by the distillation system. Through out the building wall mount thermostats containing humidity and O2 sensors will communicate with the central unit to allow for "wide span" function. The system may also power emergency lighting and redundant power supply for fire extinguishing systems.
If the cost effective design is used for a hospital back up power system, the total system must contain a high thermal unit to heat the circulating air before it moves between rooms to very high temperature then adjust it to correct levels by an additional cooling system that also has the ability to self clean via heat.. ( the high heat system will be able to clean including the wall encased duct work).
The design may also be adapted to the agricultural industry to then aid in frost mitigation or extreme drought conditions... then heating the local air under a plastic arch cover and or to water the crops or live stock when the conditions require.
The design may scale ie... able to be made large or small then with a "desk top" version the size of a kitchen trash can to then grow food to sell to pay for the water cooler itself. If funded a differed ( delayed) pay back structure may allow for mass numbers of product implementation...
Note - the system must be externally electrically grounded to control stray voltage ( electricity from flow of air
as well as to then electrically ground the generator system!).
Note - the design system placed in wildfire prone regions may aid in water availability and or to power
the air distillation system listed at http://www.designdeskinc.com/wildfire-suppression-system.html
Note - When using this system the air quality in the immediate environment should be monitored for
contamination ... appropriate filters can be used for zones close to industrial complexes or zones
with high populations using internal combustion engine systems....
Note - This design system may also be used for glacier repair to then store water atop the zones where
glaciers form to then continually feed water to the tributaries...
Note - When using for agriculture the cold air discharge should be used to low level cycle the humidity
this reduces atmospheric greenhouse effect from increased water vapor in the air.