The Thermohaline Ocean current is a major factor in Earth's climate system. The correct cycling of the ocean current is critical for the life systems within the ocean and upon the land. Due to current conditions regarding global warming and the CO2 problem..addressing the possible failure of the thermohaline ocean current becomes a pragmatic issue. There is not much money to be made from the required design systems to pay for their implementation. The cost of correction ( ie system designs to mechanically stabilize the ocean current ) is far less than the cost / result of the thermohaline ocean currents failure. The weather phenomenon produced from a malfunctioning ocean current can produce and severe weather patterns and are very hazardous to the populations of life..plant, animal , and people....
So with that in mind... several issues will be addressed ...
Cause of ocean current malfunction;
1. Atmospheric carbon dioxide levels ( polar ice melt "salinity" ) / Average global temperature....
2. Methane release ( Hydrate and tundra )
3. Volcanic activity ( oceanic and land based ) - can cause massive of atmospheric discharge...
4. Asteroid impact
5. Planetary orbital path...
6. Other factors as well...
Global Warming can cause the release of the Methane Hydrate ( methane ice ) due to the increase temperature of the water... this compounds the atmospheric warming and continues to incline in effect.
Salt then harvested from fuel less oceanic distillation systems can be reintroduced at the correct locations as an attempt to manage the salinity problem but the salt must be harvested from location as not to cause contamination of heavy metals...ie. the "salt" might need further industrial processing before being returned to the ocean to assist in the thermohaline ocean current thermal flow cycle.
After examining Vacuum boiling and the need there after to produce a non icing system to force chill ocean water to suppress the methane release due to warmer ocean water, cause by Carbon Dioxide ,with a flow cycle to then remain functional at depth ( non icing ) ... the concept involved causing a low pressure effect within a tube by shape of flow to lower the high pressure of deep ocean water.... something to examine... ?
The system may also be used for terraforming planets with different atmospheric temperatures. Using this system may be required to stabilize the average planetary temperature to then cause forced warm and or cold water to aid in the planets ocean temperature to stable the flow cycle... so disk that heat and or cool using sealed fuel less sustained electricity production systems may then assist in correcting problems that can occur suddenly and currently we have ( to my knowledge ), not prepared for. So sealed submersible disk that can heat and or cool by their outer surfaces the transferring heat or a cooling capacity to the water in contact with the outer shell / hull of the vehicle.
1. Sum of four Static compression systems complete then mated to the core deck plate then also vectoring in opposite directions , two static compressor per core deck , positioned from center point so that 1/2 of the engine system is exposed upon each side of the core deck,( above and below the high speed static compressor engine "bay" then can be multiple crew decks then allowing for a gravity effect when in travel by core spin..
2. Nitrogen cooling systems ( super cooler ) chills inner ball cavity
3. Communications Navigation ( Systems Mapping Electronics ( redundant and repairable on board robotic with servo motors to repair components if required )
4. North vectoring http://designdeskinc.com/Hover_Motor.html
5. South vectoring http://designdeskinc.com/Hover_Motor.html
6. Mobile servo drive systems ( pneumatic and electric actuation )
7. Self sustained fuel less power systems ( http://designdeskinc.com/Home_Power_System.html ) electric servos are sum of two per unit / redundancy to reroute if failure
8. pneumatic / silicone pressure storage
9. Inner mobile ring "affixed to core deck
10. Mid range mobile ring
11. Outer ring mobile ring
12. Pneumatic rotational impeller system and mobile ring rotational electric motor servo motors dual electric system 360 degree rotational
13. Inner transmitter and receiver communications radio with http://designdeskinc.com/computer_transistor.html
14. Hull receiver transmitter ( encryption http://designdeskinc.com/computer_transistor.html ) Outer surface is an antenna
15. High intensity electromagnet.... ( most asteroids contain metal so using a high powered magnet then to lock the asteroid in "drag" then having a greater effect than a gravity tractor
16. Refrigeration systems "cools" the hull to drive ocean current may also heat the surface for space flight ( maintains structural integrity of material selection also monitored for effect of maximum speed in high velocity space flight ( ie. hull measurements for testing effect of high rate of travel effects upon elongation tensile elasticity etc ) ...
17.Inter linked ( communications and power feed / to other components outer frame) fuel less self sustained power systems a Sealed / with Argon cycle http://designdeskinc.com/Crusier.html
18. Interchangeable refrigeration system evaporator and or condenser
19. Interchangeable refrigeration system evaporator and or condenser
20. Metallic hull ( antenna) and underneath Electromagnetic pulse shielding and radiation protection chilled by Nitrogen super coolers then causing water temperature drop. The system allows for the rebuilding of sea ice in the Artic Ocean by traveling under water like a submarine then causing glaciers from underneath...
21. Core flight systems deck mated to the inner mobile ring
The Thermohaline ( Ocean Current ) stabilization device can also be used for Asteroid Impact Mitigation ( ie to control and drive asteroids to safety) . A high strength net with the flight balls then attached to the outer circumference of the netting may then be as an alternative method to re direct large asteroids and or comets... The Static compressor engine designs should be adequate to match the velocity required within the given time frame. The system will reach high velocity faster than an ion engine system. This is critical factoring detection time ....
The design will resemble a Silver toned metallic sphere and have flight capacity to the be able to heat or cool ocean water while fuel less force vectoring under the water... ( a "USO" ) for all intensive purposes.. the Flight systems are then designed as the following systems combined.... http://designdeskinc.com/Hover_Motor.html and main outer space velocity system ( to match the speed of high velocity objects )http://designdeskinc.com/Static_Compressor.html.
The then spherical positional mobile ( numbers 9 10, and 11 - the "rings" rotate at the connecting slip ring servos, number 12 ( also pneumatically assisted ) then able to make quick course corrections and adjust to component failure should fault be encountered.
* Note - all motor / engine systems bust be "center weight point balanced " within / upon the core deck number 21 for balanced vectoring and correct trajectory control.
* Note - Motor system pattern number 4 and number 5 are then repeating on rings number 9, 10 and 11.
* Note - Upon the outer ring number 11 then also will exist ( be installed ) sum of four number 4's and the sum of four number 5's then mounting upon the ring so that number 4 then is mounted at 90 degrees ( perpendicular ) to the vector discharge to the 6 hover motors upon the ring number 11. The additional number 5's then vectoring upon number 11 then also perpendicular vector discharge to the 6 hover motors upon the sing but then vector discharging in the opposite direction to the sum of four, number 4 hover motor upon the ring number 11. The additional sum of four perpendicular vectoring motors ( for both bank of motors numbers 4 and numbers 5 ), are then mounted upon the quadrant points of the ring number 11. Upon the 90 degree point and the 270 degree point the bank of six motors upon the ring then causing a motor between the perpendicular banks.
The Thermohaline Stabilizer system will then also be able with additional semi sphere capping system to then pump hot water unto the Methane Hydrate to then also collect the gas produced for collection in plastic float bag to then be safety captured into containment upon drag barge and then docked to the shore and the gas removed.... The system should not require compression to the liquid form of methane as it is hazardous.
A storage barge dragged behind a ship, also may make the gas less dangerous if mixed as small frozen bubbles within water ice to then reduce fire or explosion hazard. Then total system will allow for the removal the hazard cost effective...being realistic this would take a very long time but the technology option is being presented...
The Thermohaline Stabilizer (ocean current ) temperature stabilizer then retains the heat internally that is produced from the Air Stratifier condenser listed at ( http://www.designdeskinc.com/air-stratifier.html ). The "cold side" of the super cooler then using Nitrogen chills the outer hull of the submersible sphere then being motivated by "sealed" fuel less force vectoring engines listed at http://www.designdeskinc.com/hover-motor.html
* Note - when the sphere is moving under water fast enough the ice will not adhere to the hull yet it will drop the water temperature deep enough to then accelerate ice crystal growth upon the underside of the ice shelf. Heated ice "ice pop off" electric resistors may also be contained within the hull with the hull case thermally conductive.
A water flow directional assembly will mount to the exterior of the sphere to vector the super cold water upward under the ice shelf. This increases the effect during the build practice. The system is
autonomous ! The design also with systems sensors ( including transmitters / receivers), to remotely report the vessels functions able also to remotely actuate the system or cause internal repair by an internal servo robot. The design is unmanned able to self navigate.
Design Desk Inc.