Design Desk Inc.
The Kitchen Sink Generator
The following system is then an emergency generator system or used for "off grid" living. The system may also be advantageous for cold climate living to then heat plumbing pipes to prevent high cost pipe repair due to water freezing in the pipes during cold weather. The system "cycles" the house's house hold water. The water pressure feed to then, "by higher velocity" inject the water being used back into the homes water system.
1. hydrogen safety vent tube ( vents to the exterior of the home minimal hydrogen production possible will not be
at hazardous levels within the design system as a safety precaution).
2. pneumatic pressure regulator vent valve pressure relief valve vents air pressure to the homes exterior also
equipped with electrical pressure sensor to then cause system safety fault "all stop" function shutting the system
down if the pressure becomes to great indicating the vent valve has failed.
3. hydrogen sensor
4. pneumatic one way fill valve screw cap
5. electronics system "mapping" power management circuits electricity current inverter to then yield alternating
current at 120v Ac from Dc (direct current) contains 120vAc receptacle on / off switch system settings ie... generator
speed ( valve control ) also electrical reintroduction rate to the dynamo's electromagnet field coil to cause higher
electricity production output
6. pressure tank - dual component pressure tank
7. one way valve
8. divergence valve
9. solenoid control valve
10. one way flow valve
11. exhaust water compressing coupling
12. multi inflow compression fitting with exhaust port
13. exhaust water compressing coupling
14. exhaust water flex hose
15. quad foot peg electrical non conductive
16. water pump
17. 1:10 ratio gear set high side "rotational output" tandem with the water pump internal pump wheel - input
rotation tandem with hydraulic impeller, number 19
18. r.p.m. sensor ( revolutions per minute sensor ) assist in system speed regulation via electronics control circuit
19. water impeller
20. emergency "shut off valve" causes water back flow to exhaust out of number 24
22. compression valve coupler connector lever to the sink's faucet
23. sink's faucet
24. back flow water exhaust pipe
25. water intake hose
26. kitchen sink
27. sink drain "p-trap"
28. sink drain
29. one way valve
30. over pressure safety valve
31. one way valve
32. compression fitting
33. water sink flow valve
34. water "in" flow system pipe ( water feed pipe )
35. water return mixer
36. pipe coupling
37. water feed pipe
38. Dc dynamo ( a permanent magnet electricity generator ) - dual shaft - compound wound.. ie "the field
coil permanent magnets are wound with additional wiring to then cause the permanent magnet top become
an electromagnet as well....
39. air intake air filter
40. air pump ( piston type sealed lubrication ) rotated by the dual shaft dynamo
41. one way valve - flow valve
42. kitchen window
43. ratio gear set 1:20 ratio output rotation tandem with the dual shaft dynamo - rotates the dynamo - input rotation
via drive line assembly number 17 hydraulic impeller centrifugal type hydraulic impeller
44. water sink compression fitting
45. dummy plug only active house ground wire connector
The design system may then be able to power a home if scaled correctly and harvest humidity to fill chilled water tanks in attic space then allowing for gravity or pressurized feed water ... also the water tanks, then with constant filtration and pathogen monitoring detection system ( water quality check safety system ).
If in winter the "Utility Grid" power fails water pressure will decline however with this system powering a water boost pump in the house the water pressure will remain and allow for the excess production of electricity to the aid in sustaining medical equipment if required.
Fuel less de-humidification will allow for the dwelling to continue to "harvest water from air even in arid climates while providing excess electricity to then be used in the home.
* Note - Routine cleaning is required for all components within the system including the water storage tanks!!!
* Note - The system's speed regulation will allow for higher levels of electricity output by increasing the system
magnetic field in the compound wound electrical permanent magnet Dc dynamo! Higher field resistance
yields higher electrical output... caution on rate of speed vs. material selection of dynamo and pump
* Note - The system uses "sealed" inert gas type electrical generator's to prevent low level ozone
System "start up"....The design system is connected to the kitchen sink then via connection hose with the lever locking the compression fitting in place to not allow water to escape the hose fitting. The system is "pre-start" pneumatically pressurized in the pressure tank with air. The sink water tap valve is opened and the hose is then water pressurized. The system electrical on switch is positioned to the "on" position and a lever connected via sheathed pull cable is then caused to position the valve, number 20 to open allowing water to traverse across the water impeller.
Since the water pump upon the opposite side of the ratio gear set is rotating faster than the intake water the hydraulic draft effect causes the system to accelerate pushing water under air pressure in the dual component pressure storage tank, number 6, who's higher pressure water discharge is directed via flow pipe to the electrically positioned divergence valve number 8. The divergence valve, number 8 then directs, via flow pipe water to the generator's ( dynamo's) water impeller causing the production of electricity. If over pressure is incurred the internal dampener valve in number 8, will then direct water to the system water reintroduction flow cycle. The electricity is directed to the system power management "bay" / electrical current inverters for use in the home. The water discharge then is returned to the water feed for the water sink's tap to then cycle the water.
The system maximum speed is regulated by water flow restriction with the r.p.m. sensor then assisting in water flow valve restriction via solenoid position. System run away effect fault circuit also references the r.p.m. sensor and has the ability to close valve number 20 to stop the system water flow. The hose over pressure back pressure will discharge from the tap hose compression fitting post dampener valve visa water flow port, number 24.
The system uses the house "electrical ground" to then control any stray electrical inductance. This prevents any
unintentional electrical shock hazard. The produced Dc electrical output may also act as an electrical charging power source to then increase the charge level in a homes electric storage batteries. This reduces the cost of some types of alternative energy home power supplies as the system then being an "Active" power production system allows for high levels of electricity not requiring expensive electrical storage batteries.....
Active electricity source production of electricity independent of weather conditions then makes the conversion to a low installation cost "carbon free" power source a bit more reliable. The system then also acting as an air filter having the requirement to vent the pressure vessel for safety. Any time material (water) flows a static electricity electrical charge can form so to prevent any resultant hydrogen from forming the system vents the incurred air pressure via pressure regulator dampener valve to the exterior of the dwelling while being electrically connected to the home electrical ground.
The system's electronics bay contains voltage regulation and electricity current "inverters" (sum of two Dc to Ac electrical current inverters).