Design Desk Inc.
Solar Dehumidification System
The following design system is a combined hot water electricity cold water producing de-humidification system that can increase the hot water output by a solar concentrating reflective dish. The system operates on gravity and vacuum to cause rotational motion of the contained power systems also yielding excess electricity.
The de-humidification system then operating initially by water weight and gravity causing lower
pressure (vacuum) to condense the environmental humidity yielding water. The units, when empty, are light weight and easy to install.
1. solar concentration reflective dish
2. focal reflector heat safe glass encased (reflects upon the inner surface to focus concentrated sunlight unto
the water flow coil
3. hot water pipe insulated
4. water pipe "to" solar concentration coil
5. manual vacuum pump handle
6. manual vacuum pump (causes negative air pressure within the top of the humidity condensation tube)
7. one way valve coupler (accommodates the vacuum hose connected to then manual vacuum pump
and threads unto the coupling for a tight seal
8. vacuum level sensor / maximum rated vacuum safety level valve and relative environmental humidity
sensor (assist in system optimal operation) hydrogen detection sensor and "all stop" fault if the cycles
air purge cycle fails. The air purge cycle then vents the chamber.
9. vacuum tube
10. one way flow valve
11. chamber maximum pressure over pressure safety pressure relief valve
12. hot water flow pipe
13. hot water flow pipe full level float mounting bracket location (sum of four mounting nut bolts that are
atop a compression gasket to "seal" the chamber)
14. water reservoir -water level valve contains fitting to allow water into the chamber connected to the
15. water tap
16. hot water chamber (electric resistance heating "on demand hot water heater")
17. dampener valve 3 way pipe fitting
18. hydraulic impeller (mechanical drive line "drive impeller" causes the tandem rotating components upon
the drive line to rotate)
19. electric system "Start" valve - contains tank drain setting allows the tank to drain
20. piston type compressor with linear electricity generator - permanent magnet system with compound field
coil to increase electricity output levels - electricity generator (internal voltage regulator)
21. environmental humid air air intake compression fan
22. air intake filter screen (stainless steel food grade) air intake chamber
23. air intake air flow restriction dampener to cause lower pressure in the condensation grid, number 57
24. centrifugal type air compressor - also acts as a vacuum draft impeller
25. vacuum pump piston type vacuum pump
26. hot water pump
27. water pump
28. outlet water valve - contains tank drain setting allows the tank to drain
29. in-line water filter
30. hot or cold water collection tube (chamber tank)
31. water flow pipe
32. water flow pipe
34. hot water flow coupling (pipe fitting / discharge port safety valve manual dial valve)
35. hot water chamber over pressure safety vent
36. electricity "to house" feed wire conduit pipe (contains insulated wires for electricity transmission within)
37. compression blower fan motivated by water flow impeller
38. humidity intake flow pipe (plenum)
39. vacuum flow pipe
40. multi direction water flow valve (contains hot cycle to clean out the water system internal
components - an automatic function with warning indicator if clean out cycle detects fault - audio alarm)
41. main water column - system water motive "head weight" to then incur rotation of system
functions - contains high vacuum level of negative air pressure within the top of the inverted siphon
42. solar collector water coil cap heat safe glass open ended
43. electric motor (dual shaft) obtains electricity feed from a percentile of the linear generator
produced electrical current to cause compound system rate of rotation - compound rate of rotation
then increased system operating parameter and electricity production level to then allow for water heating
an excess electricity power production to feed electricity to the house circuit breaker / fuse box to use
within the house
44. water flow pipe
45. centrifugal type vacuum pump - engaged by adjacent electric actuation mechanical clutch system
46. hot water heater coil water flow pipe (thermal collector thermally conductive)
47. solar concentrator stand contains vertical water tank that encapsulates the inverted siphon power
system water column
48. compressor, number 20's discharge selection valve (solenoid controlled) changes the discharge flow
direction divergence valve flow path
49. solar concentrator stand hollow pipe mounting base (sum of four mounting through bore holes)
50. water discharge tap connects post water filter number 29
51. hot water chamber water float and water fill shut off valve - indicates that the chamber is full - water
chamber , (number 30) full level float system sensor also reports to the system's logic processor to
then adjust the design parameters to accommodate increased water volume via adjustment
of valve number 28
52. heliostat sensor causes the electric motorized base of the solar collector dish to "follow the sun" the
motorized heliostat positional system then mounts atop the vertical column number 47
53. flex hose connection hose with terminal end compression fittings allows the dish to position via heliostat
motor system with enough flex hose to allow for "range of motion" for the solar collector dish travel
54. maximum vacuum safety inlet dampener valve - screw thread - manual initial water fill port
55. environmental relative humidity sensor
56. multi wire "ribbon wire" wire connection bus (connects system electrical wires to the logic processor
control circuit connection "wire bus"
57. cooling grid water condenser and venturi assembly
58. permanent magnet coil wound also as electromagnetic aligner to repulse to open the valve to dump
the humidity condensate into the vertical water chamber, number 41
59. dampener valve coil spring compressed the dampener valve plate to the closed position "opens" by
the systems electromagnets when they are electrified
60. air inlet air flow restriction valve causes lower pressure to assist in the water condenser's cooling ability
61. main inverted siphon water return flow pipe
62. hot water tank temperature sensor location
63. centrifugal vacuum pump discharge port
64. heliostat electricity power wire "bus" clip
65. hot water "clean out cycle" hot water flow pipe
66. water float (indicates chamber / water tube) full float valve allows for the system to direct the collected
water via sensor signal adjusting the system's flow valves
67. drive line R.P.M. senor - assist in system speed regulation works in tandem with drive electricity
reintroduction circuit with circuit controlled potentiometer then adjusting the electricity level to number 43.
68. solar collector base concrete footer
69. max water line water over flow port valve
"A" = pumping drive line location
"B" = water head weigh water tank inverted siphon ( the inverted siphon is contained within the dish "stand")
"C" = electronics logic circuit system control board
"D" = heliostat solar concentrator dish servo electric disk mounting - electric motor position system.
"E" = water chamber reservoir
* Note - A heliostat is a device that follows the sun as it traverses across the sky and positions the solar collector
at 90 degrees, "perpendicular" across the reflectors diameter for maximum solar gain of thermal energy.
This design is a water harvester able to make hot water and produces excess electricity for use external to the design. The system uses an inverted siphon by implementing high vacuum and off setting the weight return energy by inclined suction within the falling head weight of the humidification chamber. The falling head weight in the de-humidification chamber then increases the vacuum within the top of the water tube to then "tilt" the flow cycle into perpetual motion.
The rotation is then assisted by the produced electrical current reintroduced "applied to" the system drive line electric motor. This causes compound rotation and produces greater speed of the system. The speed incline the producing more electricity to be applied to the design functions. This includes heating the collected humidity. The system is filled with water with valve, number 19 in the closed position. The hand pump / vacuum pump then establishes the required "pre-start" vacuum level to allow the inverted siphon to "tilt" causing flow.
When number 19 then is allowed to open the electrical re-introduction circuit is then in the "on" position and current produced is then directed, via wire, to the system's electric motor and mechanical clutch to "allow" the clutch's engagement causing tandem drive line rotation.
The volume between the air intake system and the larger exhaust of the vacuum pump then has a tendency to produce cooler temperature to assist in water condensation from humidity. The lower / negative pressure then acting as a refrigerant. Currently refrigerants are causing upper atmospheric Ozone destruction.
The piston type vacuum pump, number 20, also causes this by intake air volume restriction valve lowering the pressure and temperature within the flow pipe. The flow pipe then of larger diameter vs. the diameter of the cooling grid flow pipes in the top of the inverted siphon water drive assembly.
The system is a high speed design system using explosion proof components of stainless steel. System electrical grounding is critical - flow pipes are electrically grounded, via electrical ground wire, to control static electricity correctly.