Design Desk Inc.
Solar Car Hybird Motor
The following automotive motor design is an advancement in fuel less electric pneumatic / vacuum hybrid the motor system works using vacuum under the pistons and air pressure injection atop the piston to then push and pull the piston causing rotation of the connected crankshaft.
The generator then rotated by the drive belt produces electricity to then assist in the crankshaft's rotation via it's tandem electric motor. The air pressure and vacuum levels are continually maintained by a high speed air compressor and valves with connected flow pipes.
The crank shaft connects to the automotive transmission's torque converter. The system then has a solar panel to charge a small battery to then cause a 12v Dc air compressor to cause air pressure in the automobiles trunk's air pressure pressure tank to assist in the electric hybird motor's "start up" cycle. The rear air pressure tank then also able to be manually filled with air pressure by the foot pedal then located to the left of the automobiles break pedal.
1. automotive motor / transmission motor mount
2. automotive transmission drive chain and sprocket assembly ( connects the torque from the torque converter
to the automotive transmission causing car wheel rotation
3. circular gear plate
4. automotive torque converter
5. automotive transmission
6. one way valve
7. crank shaft mounting union bolt plate ( joins the crankshaft to the torque converter)
8. crankshaft chamber maximum vacuum level air inlet a safety valve and sensor reporting to the systems
logic electronics control board to then maintain correct vacuum level under the pistons a "timed " air
electric injector solenoid valve (environmental pressure) then "timed" by the crankshaft's electric
motor commutator air injector hall effect sensor. The "vacuum level sensor / air injector solenoid
then is actuated by the electric motor's hall effect sensor mounted upon the electric motor, number 18's
commutator. The "hall effect sensor" then trips the solenoid allowing air in while maintaining vacuum
within the crankcase chamber.
The sensor trip switch upon the commutator of the electric motor number 18. This
allows slightly more air into the crankcase causing less vacuum resistance increasing rotational effect of
air injection to the adjacent cylinder.
9. electricity generator - generator armature tandem rotating with connected to the internal pneumatic
impeller of number 84 - contains high voltage electricity generator , magneto and internal voltage
regulator,- the field coils of both the magneto and main high voltage generator are compound wound
wire windings so that the magnetic field in the field coil / stator can increase producing greater range
for electrical current output. This allows for a smaller in size generator with higher strength construction.
10. ratio gear set ( 1:4 "start gearing" - 1: 150 ( "final gearing" ) - automatic transmission automatic
gear selection incline automatic gear changing - out put rotation, "high side" tandem
rotating with the armature of the electric motor number 12 and internal vacuum pump "wheel"
within number 11.
The high speed electric motor "counter tilts" cancel the mechanical resistance
produced when using a mechanical ratio gear set - The ratio gear set's input rotation incurred by
the rotation of the rotating pulley driven by the drive
belt , number 14
11. vacuum pump - rotary piston type air compressor that is vacuum producing
12. electric motor - armature tandem rotating with the vacuum pump's pump "wheel"
14. drive belt
16. crankshaft pulley
18. crank shaft electric motor - armature of the said electric motor tandem rotates with the motor's crankshaft
19. mechanical clutch electric actuation
20. weather safe receptacle for lamp
21. flow pipe compression fitting
22. r.p.m. (revolutions per minute sensor)
23. air pressure tank
24. air pressure "throttle" valve and potentiometer ( to control the electricity level to the electric motor
number 18), operates with the system accelerator foot pedal and the electricity
re-introduction circuit that directs electricity from the electricity generator number 9 to the crank
shaft's electric motor, number 18 and the ratio gear set's "counter tilt" electric motor
number 24 also contains an air tank "electric air pressure sensor", that reports the air pressure level to
the automobiles logic mapping electronic circuit control board allowing circuit extrapolation to then
adjust the flow cycle's valves to maintain the correct air pressure level within the air pressure air tank.
25. pipe compression coupling
26. air pressure tank air pressure discharge flow pipe coupling
27. air pressure tank air return flow pipe compression coupling
28. over head cam bearings
29. over head cam cam lobe
30. piston cylinder
31. over head cam lobe
32. open port in motor "cylinder head"
33. cam timing drive chain and sprocket system. Rotates in tandem with the motor's crank shaft cam drive
sprocket - the over head cam operates the piston chamber intake and exhaust valves . The valve
timing chain system also contains a drive chain tension sprocket who's position is adjustable by
adjustment bolt and locking nut accessible from the exterior of the piston motor "block"
34. over head cam lobe
35. piston cylinder
36. over head cam lobe
37. crank shaft oil seals
38. main vacuum pump assembly includes drive pulley ratio gear set and electric motor upon the high side
of the ratio gear set motivating the vacuum producing pump, number 11
39. air pressure over pressure safety valve vents over pressure and intake port coupling for number 83
40. vacuum diaphragm valve and vacuum level sensor reports to the system logic mapping electronic
circuit control board to assist in system regulation - oil baffle filter keeps oil flow from entering the
41. torque converter to automotive center mounting nut and connecting drive shaft
42. exhaust in head valve assembly includes ( valve , tappet shim , coil spring )
43. intake in head valve assembly includes ( valve , tappet shim , coil spring )
44. intake intake in head valve assembly includes ( valve , tappet shim , coil spring )
45. exhaust in head valve assembly includes ( valve , tappet shim , coil spring )
46. system automatic air "re-pack" air pressure valve automatically re-pressurized the air pressure system
also used to "purge" the air pressure tanks
47. air intake air filter
48. electric solenoid valve control for number 46
49. electric solenoid valve control for number 24
50. oil filter under - oil fill top of the valve cover. The location of the oil fill screw cap and dip stick with
oil level indicator
51. oil filter pump driven by the crankshaft oil pump interface gear
52. crank shaft oil pump drive gear
53. oil pump gear driven by number 52
54. motor system motor mount bore affixes the system to the chassis of the automobile
55. foot pump manual air compression air pump
56. connection linkage
57. manual foot pump linkage
58. foot pump linkage center pivot hinge
59. foot pedal hinge
60. coil spring
61. manual actuation - air pressure valve with multiple discharge port contains couplings
62. compression fitting pipe coupling over pressure safety valve vents over pressure
63. compression fitting pipe coupling
64. one way valve
65. 12v Dc piston type electric air compressor
66. 12v Dc air compressor air intake air filter
67. photovoltaic "Solar Panel" electricity converter
68. solar panel power electrical power management
69. solar panel battery charger, battery and control electronics to "control" the 12v Dc air compressor
70. manual 12v Dc air compressor "on / off" switch
71. motor system main electronics logic board system "mapping" control electronics and power
management electricity control system
72. instrumentation wire / multi wire ribbon wire "bus" clip
73. automotive fuse block - for all automotive electrical functions also contains system electronic relays
74. manual pull air pressure transfer handle
75. manual pull air pressure transfer handle retention coil spring
76. sheathed valve actuation pull cable
77. one way pressure tank fill valve
78. electric pressure pressure sensor reports to the logic processor number 71
79. artificial electrical ground - controls system static electricity
80. air pressure hose
81. air pressure gauge (dashboard mount)
82. trunk mount air pressure tank
83. vacuum pump causes negative pressure in the crank case and re-pack air pressure in the air
pressure storage tank, number 23. A rotary piston type air compressor
84. centrifugal type pneumatic impeller used during system "Start Up"
* Note - within the cylinder chamber a set of repellent magnet with a fixed permanent magnet then upon
the piston located at the cylinder's center point and a "firing" electromagnet within the cylinder
The timing firing sequence the in tandem with the main electric motor , number 18, commutator
... the same hall effect sensor that "times the vacuum inlet valve , number 8. The electrical current
for the "firing" electromagnets (each cylinder) will then be derived from the main generator
The electrical control system for the "firing" electromagnet located within the
cylinder "head" then is controlled in the system power management and system "mapping"
electronic circuit control board. The cylinder wall and piston then non magnetic material
selection, ie... the pistons and cylinder walls will not accept magnetism or become magnetic.
* Note - additional ancillary can be added tot he drive belt system such as air conditioning and or power
steering power break hydraulic pump systems.
* Note - the vacuum level produced by number 11 then at minimum twice the negative pressure
( vacuum level), then of the crank case "run" vacuum level
* Note - the design system uses a non-flammable, non-electrically conductive lubrication so that there is
zero chance of ignition by piston compression within the rotary type air compressors
* Note - numbers 71, 72, and number 73 are then contained within an electrical inductance "cage" to
prevent disruption of induced electrical current. The inductance "cage" then correctly electrically
grounded protecting the automobile's electronics. (separate artificial electrical "ground" to then
controlled dissipate any unwanted electricity).
* Note - all electric components then connect to the automobile's logic processor / mapping electronics to
then operate as intended for the system to function.
* Note - the vacuum level slightly lower than the air pressure level atop the piston this allows a motion
"tilt...the dampener valve number 40 is adjustable
* Note - the pistons are connected to the crankshaft by connecting rods (containing rod bearings), and
contain piston rings to pressure seal the chambers. The crank shaft is supported upon bearing
races (using main bearings). The crankshaft is formed to cause the pistons in 180 degree
"opposed" positions so that when one piston is causing exhaust the other piston is causing
intake. The crank shaft and over head cam system are force lubricated by the oil pump.
* Note - the drive belt and pulley system may be exchanged for an encased ventilated lubricated sprocket
and drive chain system to increase the design system's longevity. Different applications have
different load requirements. The altered design the requiring forced oil pumping to then use the oil
filter in the flow system.
* Note - the electromagnet system within the cylinder "head" then repellent to the piston mount
permanent magnet used to the "set the crankshaft "base idle" rotation rate. The "throttle
acceleration circuit then actuating the potentiometer pneumatic valve unit, number 24 to then
increase electricity to number 18 while allowing air pressure to enter the piston type impeller
motor. The "base setting " of the potentiometer within number 24 will also assist in "setting" the
system "base idle".
The electric motor system and generator system can scale. For a small four passenger car the generator number 9 then at 20Kw Ac ( 20 kilowatt alternating current ) and the electric motor, number 18 also at 20 Kw Ac.
The type of magnetic material the motors and generator's are composed of also assist in the system "tilting" as the "magnetic potential" is then augmented by electromagnet wire coil windings to then increase the total available magnetic field without loss of "work potential" as the magnet "retains" it's magnetism.