Design Desk Inc.
Solar Assist Carbon Dioxide Sequestration System
The system uses an inverted siphon and Solar Concentrator to extract carbon dioxide from the air and freeze it as dry ice encapsulated in plastic derived from algae. A fuel less method to then reduce the cost of carbon dioxide (CO2), removal... also then paying for itself as the system grows hydrocarbon feed stock ..... A high volume tool for large production volume of dry ice from atmospheric carbon dioxide.
This system uses gravity to produce the motive "power" to then sequester Carbon Dioxide using a fuel less platform to then have the sequestration cost zero dollars once the system is constructed. The sale of excess product then also pays for the installation!
The design might be use full, if in multitude, placed around the upper rim of the Grand Canyon (or other canyon), to then use the basin to act as a dry ice retainer for quick removal of atmospheric carbon dioxide sequestering it as a frozen CO2 (dry ice). The system then with super cooler discharge air duct freeze the lower elevation base of the canyon, and plastic cap the top ( once full ) with constant cooling attained by the design system. In time.... then to slowly remove the concentration for smaller unit dry ice sequestration and plastic encasement for long storage periods. The canyon fill dispursant ( spray deposition) then of liquid CO2 and Liquid Nitrogen to then cause the nitrogen to evaporate freezing the CO2 as Dry Ice.
Additional super cooler units then required upon the "fill" as the CO2 deepens ( floor coolers rise on scaffolding as the CO2 level increases for extraction). Water ice capping may also be used if applied atop the plastic deposition that seals the dry ice.
The river at the base of the Grand Canyon then not needing to be diverted...
In lieu of river divergence, a plastic arch system to then bridge across the water to also accommodate increased water flow within the river.... A river "tunnel" constructed from recycle or algae plastic with the dry ice deposited atop the plastic sub structure. The layers of dry ice may require intermittent horizontal structural support plastic grid or inter locking i-beams placed horizontally across the canyon secured to the canyon walls. The canyon fill then plastic capped and externally refrigerated atop the plastic until extraction and subsequent confinement in algae derived plastic pressure retaining pressure tanks using carbon thread.
2. air craft beacon (lamp - red)
3. lightning suppression "halo"
4. air intake filtration (works in tandem with the structure's H.V.A.C. / air exchange and
environmental gas type monitoring system) - roof mount solar panel and emergency back up
building interior exterior emergency lighting - battery and solar panel ( photovoltaic )
5. air compressor (piston type)
6. electricity "power feed" multi insulated wire weather encased
7. cold air discharge ports (may dock conduit plenum to then control the super coolers evaporator )
8. super cooler refrigeration system evaporator (air intake via number 4 - air flow compression by
9. hydrocarbon feed stock storage and algae oil processing room - toward center line of the building
10. super cooler refrigeration compressor and refrigeration switching room - toward the external wall of
the building - sum of two independent system in the structure "on" both sides of the mirror line.
11. super cooler refrigeration switching
12. building H.V.A.C. internal unit connects to building plenum contains fire detection and fire
suppression system using Nitrogen.
13. gas stratification "gas analyzers" determines the "type" of gas (elemental gas type) with in the
specific flow system - allows for control of the stratified air so that only specified type of gas exist
within the specific flow cycle.
14. building discharge vent - multiple weather shielded vents to the discharge the gas analyzers if
required for total system correct operation
15. electromagnetic / temperature and pressure air stratification / liquefaction tank - allows the air to become
stratified into is specific gas type for extraction as single elemental type of gas for processing
16. super cooler condenser "causes " frozen CO2 "dry ice" in retainer form upon conveyor
to "produce" continual slag of dry ice - toward the center of the building as the
two condenser cooling "towers" are then toward the walls of the building.
17. executive office space / lavatory / kitchen
18. CO2 (Carbon Dioxide) feed pipe / control valve coupling
19. super cooler evaporator / humidity control chamber cools both number 15 and the CO2 dry ice
maker within the vertical column, number 25 - both chamber are externally insulated yet are chilled
by the super cooler evaporator number 19.
20. carbon thread (derived from algae husk post oil extraction )
21. thread spool motor system / rotates and positions the spool vertically within an "elevator track system"
22. motorized lateral motion carbon thread "thread guide" used when filling the spool to correctly wind
the thread upon the spool
23. carbon thread - thread derived from "grown" algae post oil extraction ... the "husk" of the algae
then turned into to carbon tread
24. loom room / thread production room - contains all required components to produce carbon thread
from algae husk
25. dry ice handling area ( super cooler evaporator - dry ice tower, dry ice maker - separate chamber
than the air stratifier)
26. air stratification tower air liquefaction tower ( high pressure confinement with redundant
safety "pressure "blow down" pressure relief systems.
27. inverted siphon drive system ( non electrically conductive non flammable H.T.F. "heat transfer
fluid" ) - the system uses high vacuum atop confined fluid to cause fluid return at greater velocity
rate than the fluid discharge rate to produce "work" then able to be converted to electricity production.
The falling head weight then acting as a syringe to increase the vacuum within the chamber.
A 10,000 gallon vacuum tube then producing sufficient fluid pressure "head weight" with an 48"
The main generator then producing 50kw (kilowatt) and and the electric drive motor
(number 43), rated at 100hp. The inverted siphon material selection of sufficient strength to withstand
the scope of it's operating parameter. ( gradual generator electricity increase in the field coil )
28. Algae Bio Reactor individual "tubes" fluid pumping by electric motors and illuminated by lamps
powered by the gravity drive / inverted siphon
29. building internal storage space under the stairs
30. front office lavatory
31. system control room / office / with power management electronics " vented" room via super
cooler ventilation fan system
32. building "entry" door
34. main solar collector "bearing race" - positional control references the system heliostat
35. heliostat electric drive motor
36. H.T.F. fluid pump / electric motor drives the hot fluid pump
37. solar collector ( parabolic dish lateral / horizontal position gear system - motivated by electric
motor number 35
38. building external air intake ports ( multiple orifice with air intake screens of stainless steel - connects
to cooling manifold duct to chill the system super cooler condenser)
39. super cooler refrigeration system "condenser blower fan" and electric motor assembly
40. super cooler condenser system "condenser"
41. algae bio reactor tubes - the tubes may be fiber optics to then illuminate the algae with the tube itself
42. off load conveyor system may be constructed to directly off load the encapsulated dry ice to a train
rail car who's rail tracks are then under the building
43. electric motor
44. lubricated / vented / sprocket and torque transfer drive chain assist in rotation of the main line
generator system, number 102
45. H.T.F. " hot hydraulic fluid impeller
46. main high voltage generator voltage regulators
47. automatic gear changing transmission to cause.. "higher rotation of the generator armature and
the tandem magneto armature with the resistance from generating electricity speed incline magnetic
field resistance then nullified by the speed of fluid (H.T.F.) from the inverted siphon impaling the
hydraulic pump impeller, number 50. The automatic gear selection transmission then at first changing
higher rotation to lower rate of rotation yet producing greater torque. Through the span of gear selection
then inclining example ratio 1:0.25, 1:0.50, 1:0.75, 1:1 ( electric motor energized) 1:1.25, 1:1.5, 1:75,
1:2 thru 1:10. *Critical * the pipe's implosion strength a critical factor factoring the "speed" of
fluid between number 45 and 49.
48. permanent magnet Ac ( alternating current ) Magneto - energizes the field coil of the main high
49. high speed hydraulic pump - causes system "hydraulic fluid draft effect" - "pulling" pressurized fluid
in confinement traversing at great rate across a preceding hydraulic impeller
50. inverted siphon hydraulic fluid "fluid (H.T.F.)" return hydraulic pump also acting as
a "counter tilt" hydraulic impeller
51. inverted siphon vacuum pump - causes negative air pressure "vacuum" within the inverted siphon
52. vacuum pump ( external building ) air exhaust screened air exhaust port
53. one way valve "retains" vacuum within the inverted siphon
54. excessive vacuum safety valve ( "air inlet" ), connects to the one way valve to prevent damage to
the vacuum pump if excessive vacuum is encountered contains fault sensor actuation sensor location
upon the vacuum retaining one way valve, number 53
55. system air intake dehumidifier - the oil pipe return line then into number 27 a return motive
oil ( contains one way valve), pressure feed line as the dehumidifier then having hydraulic motive
capacity ie... "operates" by electricity and hydraulic oil flow. The oil pressure "feed" for the dehumidifier
then union port to the valve, number 64.
56. system air intake de-humidification chamber
57. air cooler "mix box" mixes dry ( dehumidified ) cold air with entry air to lower water content within
the stratification chamber - electric motor driven or hydraulic pressure feed ( from the dehumidifier's oil
pressure flow system), to "rotate" an air blower compression fan
58. air filter and air compression manifold pressure balance air pump maintains correct air intake
manifold pressure centrifugal air pump
59. air pressure and humidity level control chamber "connects" via "duct " to the buildings H.V.A.C. system
to dehumidify the inflow air
60. rotary type sir compressor electric resistance heaters upon each of the four air compression
pistons - prevents embrittlement of the metal due to cold temperatures
61. chilled gear incline automatic gear selection transmission to then cause high air compression
velocity cooling from the evaporator side of the air intake dehumidification system
62. hydraulic fluid ( H.T.F.) hydraulic impeller
63. electric actuation (via solenoid) hydraulic fluid valve multiple positional valve
64. electric actuation (via solenoid) hydraulic fluid valve multiple positional valve
65. hydraulic fluid ( H.T.F.) hydraulic impeller
66. 1:10 ratio gear set internal filtered lubrication and oil pump dual shaft - high side rotation tandem
with electric motor number 67 - input rotation tandem with the hydraulic impeller number 65
internal hydraulic impeller "wheel"
67. dual shaft electric motor
68. electromagnetic clutch ( magnetic field clutch ) E.M.F. (electromagnetic field) the casing is insulated
for magnetic field and electrically grounded to control inductance
69. R.P.M. sensor - revolutions per minute ( drive line speed sensor ) and electric
actuation ( solenoid ) mechanical clutch
70. hydraulic pump motivated by 1/2 "output" of the electromagnetic clutch
71. air stratifier inflow manifold back flow prevention dampener type one way valve
72. dry ice conveyor belt roller wheel
73. water out flow pipe
74. conveyor drive electric motor - mover the conveyor belt - multiple units along the length of the conveyor
75. air stratifier electric resistor heating element to prevent water ice from forming within the gas
stratifier heats the base of the stratifier chamber
76. electromagnetic stratifier "elemental magnetic stratifier "assist" in speed of air stratification - the
magnetic field level then "tuned" to the specific type of gas, to increase speed of stratification at
77. air stratifier inflow manifold pipe
78. air stratifier inflow manifold pipe
79. building wide windows
80. loom room carbon thread production equipment location and emergency egress ( fire exit doors)
82. solar collector heat coil contains H.T.F. and transfers solar hear heat collector coil pipe pumps via
tube / high temperature rated hose to number 106
83. parabolic reflector dish "solar concentrator" dish structural guide support sum of 6 about 360
degrees about the circumference of the dish.
84. solar concentrator end cap inner surface reflective to " focus" the sunlight unto the solar collection
coil pipe and light intake for the fiber optics that illuminate the algae bio reactor
85. external building entry stairs
86. internal building staircase
87. stair case hand rails
88. non slip stair case tread
89. plastic component production zone ( plastic printing - plastic extruder - blow mold injection equipment )
90. upper deck hydrocarbon feed stock storage and super cooler refrigeration system rooms
91. air craft warning beacon lamp pole
92. pole mounting plate
93. rotary type air compression system sum of four compression pistons located a quadrant points about
the system center point
94. inverted siphon sensors ( vacuum level meter and sensor / communicates to the system electronic
logic control circuits - maximum vacuum level safety air inlet valve "opens" under excessive vacuum
to prevent implosion
95. hydraulic fluid ( H.T.F ) fluid level float sensor sensor system reports fluid level to the system
logic control system "mapping" system to the control room, number 31, where the system control
station is located
96. H.T.F. return coupling accommodates fluid transfer pipe compression fitting - contains oil filtration
with bypass oil pressure actuated valve allowing for filtration oil flow bypass
98. super cooler condenser refrigerant flow pipes
99. super cooler evaporator refrigerant flow pipes
100. super cooler evaporator blower fans
101. dry ice slag
102. Main high voltage electricity generator ( Ac 50 Kw or greater Kw - Kw = kilowatt)
103. external building lighting
104. vacuum pipe
105. H.T.F. level within the inverted siphon
106. H.T.F. pressure retainer pressure tank
107. under awning air intake filter and stainless steel screen
108. max pressure safety valve vents excessive over pressure - safety valve
110. thermal exchanger for H.V.A.C. ( heating and ventilation system), also acting as a forced
cooling temperature regulator for the hot pressure vessel number 106
111. high pressure oil reintroduction flow pipe valve - causes higher pressure re-introducted to the system
main hydraulic impeller motivating the system main high voltage generator assembly aids in speed
increase- contains oil filtration with bypass oil pressure actuated valve allowing for filtration oil
* - Note - All air duct, hose or pipe coupling contain pipe fittings who's couplers / compression fitting
are electric actuation multi stage fluid flow valves. The valves electric control circuit connect to
the design's main control circuit electronics in the control room.
* Note - When depositing the CO2 into a canyon use sprayed liquid nitrogen to accelerate the
freezing process mixed with a percentile of stratified CO2. Please note the evaporation rates are
different and the CO2 will remain and the liquid N2 ( Nitrogen) then evaporates at a different rate.
Once the dry ice "bed" is established the reduction of N2 in the mix will be able to be made as
the cold air sinks unto the deposition dry ice "bed" upon the canyon floor.
* Note - The same design system then could be applied atop a modular platform the then move between
dry ice deposition canyons. ie... the "system" upon a semi truck trailer... having mobile applications.
* Note - the H.V.A.C. system will also monitor the buildings internal structure for correct building internal
atmosphere contains "alarm" system to detect any unwanted levels of
gas ( air stratification components), contains air purge cycle.. if high levels of unwanted gas
are detected - system leak detection.
The design system using hydraulic fluid pressure and vacuum then to motivate a generator assembly to provide gravity driven energy converted to "work" to then sequester carbon dioxide upon a free energy system. Number 27 is filled with oil with valves numbers 63 and 64 in the closed position.
"Start sequence"; The "pre-set" vacuum level in the vacuum chamber, number 27, is attained prior to starting the system at twice the vacuum level required vs. the volume of return oil above the equilibrium oil level "line" in the vacuum oil chamber. This is determined by the diameter of the return flow pipes. This causes the oil flow cycle to "tilt" forward and perpetual rotation assisted by the falling head weight of oil then increasing the vacuum level within the chamber.
The roof top solar panel atop number 4 then allows for electrical conversion to then cause the air compressor, number 5 to pressurize number 106 with air pressure atop the H.T.F.
The current converted from the photovoltaic then able to open the pipe coupler multi positional control valves upon the dual component pressure chamber, number 106 and hydraulic impeller number 45.
The fluid pressure discharge then impales the hydraulic impeller number 45.
The fluid pressure then assisting in the refill of the inverted siphon as is valve's upon it's flow couplers are then also opened.
The "falling head weight" of hydraulic fluid ( H.T.F. ) then of sufficient "weight" to counter act the mechanical resistance produced when using a ratio gear set and high voltage generator as rotational resistance is produced by traversing magnetic fields produced when generating electricity. The speed incline of the fluid discharge from the inverted siphon then returns to high vacuum within the top of the inverted siphon chamber, number 27.
The excess electricity then applied to the total system additional functions / algae lighting / algae water pumping / hydrocarbon harvesting ( oil extraction from algae) / building H.V.A.C. system and all other functions contained and required within the intention of the design system.
A percentile of produced electricity from the main high voltage generator then reintroduced into the main drive line's electric motor, number 43. This allows for compound incline rate of rotation for the design to operate at sufficient velocity to perform it's function as intended because the magnetic "pressure" ( electrical current), applied atop the fluid velocity rate. The system is a "run away effect" balanced by it's loading.
The solar concentrator parabolic dish then able to heat the H.T.F. to increase the system energy level by increasing the pressure level in the chamber number 106, by heating the fluid. The solar concentrator then also able to assist in the water heating function via thermal exchanger, number 110, located in number 106's encasement ( in addition to the algae bio reactor's electric in-line "on demand" electric water heater ), keeping the algae growth temperature optimal for algae production.