Design Desk Inc.
Pneumatic Electric Compound Engine
The "Pneumatic Electric Compound Engine " is an automotive engine system that drafts pneumatic pressure and reintroduces produced electricity from the compound dynamo that also increases its electrical output to then yield sufficient electrical current to power an electric motor.
The final out put is volt regulated and fed through a potentiometer / variable resistor "throttle " system then being connected to a foot pedal accelerator with dual circuit paths. The first circuit path, upon the throttle, is then a direct circuit to the automobiles electric motor then connected to an automotive transmission and drive line rotating the wheels. The second circuit is then the current re-introduction circuit that increases the electricity level to the generator's system electric motor to then compensate for the loading placed upon the generator by the main electric motor connected to the automotive transmission.
The design implements a "rotary" style piston air compressor that only runs to the refill the pneumatic pressure tank's initial "Start Up" pneumatic displacement. The air compressor is not required to "run" all the time. This reduces wear upon the mechanism extending it's life.
1. electric clutch ( mechanical type)
2. refrigerant compressor
6. drive belt
7. power steering (Internal reservoir)
8. power break pump
9. pneumatic impeller
10. air exhaust filter "box"
11. coil spring ( retention)
12. pipe ( pneumatic )
13. primary flow pipe ( pneumatic )
15. pneumatic pressure tank
16. compound dynamo ( permanent magnetic field coil / stator with wire windings to cause
increased magnetism as an electromagnet)
17. 1:20 ratio gear set input side rotation tandem rotating with number 20 ( input the 1 of the 1:20
ratio gear set)
19. drive shaft
20. pneumatic impeller tandem rotates with the armature number 22
21. electric resistance heater element "blanket" socket ( wire connector port )
23. compound field coil "permanent magnetic with compound "field " wire windings to cause
increased magnetism producing an electromagnet yielding increased electricity from the armature
24. volt regulator
25. "start" pneumatic pressure discharge vent "filter box"
26. air compressor air intake filter
27. compound drive shaft mount points bearing races
28. bore hole / mounting bolt hole
29. compound drive shaft end shaft retainer / bolt & nut... assembly
30. R.P.M. ( revolutions per minute) sensor ( hall effect r.p.m. sensor )
31. electronics "bay" contains system regulation circuits and electrical current control electronics
32. oil pump and centrifugal air pump
33. oil pump "wheel" centrifugal type pump
34. pneumatic pump centrifugal type pump wheel
35. dip stick
36. large dipstick tube orifice ( a no spill design technique for oil filling over sized oil fill port )
37. oil filter
38. oil and air filled container
39. air coupling ( vents oil tank )
40. oil drain
41. air inlet dampener expansion "coil spring" dampener
42. oil return oil flow tube
43. air exhaust filter and filter "box"
44. electromagnetic clutch
45. thru bore current transfer slip ring
46. magnetic drive chain casing oil drain plug ( " thread screw plug screw " )
48. drive chain
49. drive chain tension sprocket ( adjust the drive chains tension via retention coil spring and
mounting bolts )
50. drive sprocket
51. main sprocket attaches to the automotive trans mission torque converter's electromagnetic
clutch ( input sprocket )
52. Pneumatic turbo compressor "air pump"
53. air compressor's drive sprocket same as number 69
54. electric clutch thru bore current transfer slip ring
55. circumference drive gear
56. clutch solenoid
57. " Start up" pneumatic impeller
58. clutch surface material outer diameter "circular" inner diameter 170 degrees in two 1/2's ( like
drum break shoes)
59. dual piston air compressor rotary type ( the same both sides of the center line ) vertical drive
chain tension mounting system
60. turbo compressor casing housing pressure pressure sensor location
62. roller gear with piston connector and piston rod retainer / and bearings and
bearing "caps" ( nut and bolt)
63. thru bore current transfer slip ring
64. clutch 1/2 slide guide sum of four per inner clutch 1/2 ( upon both 1/2's)
65. inner clutch "pusher" solenoid
66. inner clutch surface
67. outer diameter clutch surface
68. "clutch bell" housing ( drum")
69. air compressor's sprocket
70. drive chain
71. oil shield
72. inner clutch "pusher" solenoid
73. Number 50's core drive shaft
74. air compressor's "timing" mark ( times the air compressors valves )
75. "Start up" air pressure discharge port ( vents from number 15 )
76. return pressure pneumatic port
77. pneumatic pressure tank , number 15 's max pressure safety valve , over pressure pressure
relief valve with pressure level sensor
78. "max dump" safety pressure relief valve
79. thru bore current transfer slip ring with commutator and redundant stepped electrical contact
brushes redundant brush sets with fault circuit to notify the operator a set of brushes has failed
80. pneumatic flow valve
81. valve position solenoid
82. "Start Up" pneumatic flow valve
83. sheathed pull cable ( start cable )
84. cable mounting housing
85. large pulley
87. retention spring
88. dipstick ( oil level indicator)
89. "wire bus" multi wire connector ( electric motor feed wire ribbon" )
90. "wire bus" ribbon wire connector to dash board instrument cluster display gauges
91. main electric motor ( inner armature , outer field coil / stator. 91's armature is tandem rotating
with number 57 tandem with the high side of the ratio gear set and rotating with the lower drive
sprocket for the piston rotary compressor.
92. armature's commutator and thru bore electrical current - current transfer slip ring
93. oil flow tube from air compressor's oil catch base oil pan ( oil pan contains drain plug)
94. drive chain oil retainer casing
95. pneumatic exhaust flow tube
96. oil flow pipe
97. electronic circuit controlled variable resistor
98. pneumatic impeller housing max pressure valve return port into the main
pneumatic pressure pressure storage tank
99. "main flow dampener " valve solenoid / positions the valve regulating the air pressure
tank's discharge restricts air flow to govern system regulation / speed
100. air compressor's piston and ring system contains oil retainer "piston rings" and "pressure piston rings"
101. air compressor "head" contains intake and exhaust valves with the respective rocker arms
and expansion springs / oil seals
102. main pneumatic impeller housing max pressure - over pressure pressure relief valve with
actuation sensor to the via circuit reduce the flow dampener valve orifice / flow volume by
actuating number 99
103. air compressor heat dissipation "fins"
104. air compressor's head valve cover and valve cover gasket ( retains oil)
105. commutator and redundant stepped electrical contact brushes sum of two brush sets
106. one way air fill valve ( one way valve )
The design is is a pneumatic " draft cycle" that re-pressurizes itself faster than the displaced air then with an electric motor to then counter tilt the resistance produced when using a ratio gear set to increase the systems speed. The compound dynamo the re-introduces a controlled percentile of the generated electrical current until sufficient speed and electricity is produced to then allow for sustained locomotion... ( ie. until the generated electricity is sufficient to power and electric automobile as described in the above design system).
As with high velocity flow systems especial care must be taken regarding the static electricity production and electrical capacitance ( electrical charge retention) . The design "grounds to an arc dissipation "box" ( gas tight chamber ) then containing inert Argon Noble gas. The current may be harvested within the "plasma box" and re-introduced into the system. The flow tubes are electrically grounded and electrically insulated upon the exterior surfaces.
Since this is a high speed mechanism the the motors and generators will then be explosion proof with a force shield "shock casing" ( prevents manufacturing defect from causing a projectile hazard). The motors and generators final casings being a sealed envelope will prevent environmental Ozone at excessive levels. Low level ozone is an environmental pollutant...
The "Pneumatic Electric Compound Engine" system is electrically insulated from the chassis and passenger compartment of the vehicle and is weather safe in it's final form to then not allow water to in advertenly cause a shock hazard.