Design Desk Inc.
Home Power Plant
The "Home Power Plant", is a low cost mechanism to then be able to power a home if and when the "grid" electricity goes out due to high storm. The design system is a fuel less generator able to operate in severe conditions to maintain a homes electricity upon a "distributed" platform.
1. oil fill screw cap with dip stick
2. oil retainer case (vented)
3. large sprocket
4. drive chain ( tension by slide mounting of numbers 6 and 7 )
5. small sprocket
7. high voltage generator 5 Kw ( kilowatt) - 10Kw or greater
8. electric motor respectively 5Hp ( horse power) - to 10 Hp or greater
9. voltage regulator
10. voltage regulator
11. hall effect R.P.M. ( revolutions per minute ) sensor
12. drive shaft end nut
13. L.C. D. ( liquid crystal display ) R.P.M. sensor display ( used to "set" the systems speed) and system
regulation electronics / control electronics.
14. on / off switch
15. home circuit breaker "box"
16. electronic circuit controlled potentiometer references electrical output level in number 42 to then
control the oil cycle speed
17. converted dual shaft bench grinder dual shaft electric motor
18. small pulley 4" dia (diameter)
19. drive belt
20. low drive belt tension pulley
21. pulley drives the permanent magnet Dc dynamo
22. 12v Dc permanent magnet dynamo
23. large pulley 12" dia (diameter)
24. voltage regulator
25. 12v Dc to 120v Ac ( alternating current ) electrical current "inverter" contains electricity output voltage regulator
26. hydraulic pump
28. hydraulic impeller
29. oil flow valve ( with safety shut off solenoid references the R.P.M. sensor )
30. oil flow pipes
31. one way oil flow valve
32. pneumatic over pressure safety valve ( vents pneumatic over pressure) contains actuation sensor
to then cause the 12v Dc ( direct current ) air compressor number 37 to shut off via wire "bus" connector
labeled as letter "A"
33. pneumatic P.S.I. ( pounds per square inch ) gauge
34. dual component pressure tank ( pneumatic pressure atop oil causing oil pressure )
35. pneumatic one way valve
36. pneumatic flow tube
37. 12v Dc air compressor
38. manual pneumatic one way fill valve
39. modified bench grinder to then be wired as a generator ( feeds electricity to the electric motor number 8)
40. safety "all stop" solenoid closes the oil flow valve the solenoid actively restricts the oil flow to assist in
the oil flow cycles speed as this system is a restricted "run away effect" . The solenoid is connected to
the valve in addition to an internal expansion coil spring causing the valve closed then in the natural
position so that when electrical current is applied to the solenoid the electricity causes a forced opening of
41. electrical ground
42. electricity level gauge / meter contains voltage regulator. The r.p.m. / "rate of rotation" / speed of
of the connected components (ie... the oil flow system electric motor number 17 and electricity
generator, number 39 ), can be extrapolated for correct speed of the system via the output current level
to adjust the solenoids electrical current intensity and valve , number 29's position to it's correct "run" setting
43. air filter exhaust "box"
44. pneumatic travel tube
45. pneumatic impeller "piston type" causes the dynamo to rotate "Start Up" torque
46. "Start Up" pneumatic valve
47. pneumatic coupling ( vents air pressure only top of the dual component pressure tank)
48. divergence dampener valve ( one inlet ) two directional exhaust ports then controlled by the speed
and fluid pressure of the oil ( a dampener valve with it's closed position then by expansion coil spring)
The above design system then constructed with explosion proof electric motors . " The electric motors then to only be operated within their operating parameter! ie... r.p.m.
To reduce environmental Ozone production the motors and generators can be "sealed" inert gas type electric motors or generators.
The system intended for out door installation within a weather safe encasement. Additional pulley and drive belt driven cooling fan and blower can be installed to vent the encasement. The blower fan then within safety cage to prevent accidental injury.
The silicone oil post number 26 returns to the dual component pressure storage tank then injecting into the pneumatic pressure. The "return" oil injects into the top 1/2 of the dual component pressure storage
tank , number 34).
The system is only required pneumatic displacement traversing across number 45 until the electricity reintroduction system is set unto it's correct levels... "to then cause continual rotation of the cycle", yielding electricity to energize the electric drive motor motivating the high voltage generator.
The "frame" that mounts the components is also electrically grounded to then control any stray inductance preventing an electrical shock hazard.
Note - The systems controls then are upon a panel that is illuminated ie... potentiometers, gauges, valve
connecting cable levers, and LCD ( r.p.m. liquid crystal display) for ergonomic ease of control.
A user friendly control panel. The panel also then containing instruction label for starting the system.