Design Desk Inc.
Electric Transit Bus Motor System
Following please find the "Electric Transit Bus Motor System" a cost saving design for urban travel as the design utilizes a fuel less generator to power an electric city bus. The design may also be used for garbage trucks to avoid loss of service when peak oil causes fuel shortages. This design does not burn oil! The oil is used as a hydraulic pressure "working fluid" while the "work potential" of the pneumatic pressure is "cycled". The design does not require an Electric vehicle battery!
1. oil flow pipe (non electrically conductive non flammable silicone oil)
2. static electricity harvest unit (controls unwanted electrical inductance preventing an electrical shock hazard)
3. one way flow valve
4. oil filter unit - diaphragm dampener valve type oil filter "allows" for high oil flow rate to by-pass the oil filter to not
damage the oil filter
5. dual component pressure storage tank - air pressure causes oil pressure within the pressure tank
6. oil drain
7. oil drain
8. oil drain
9. pneumatic pressure air flow discharge coupling
10. oil return compression pipe fitting
11. oil return compression pipe fitting
12. oil "return" pipe coupling
13. pneumatic pipe fitting
14. pneumatic "start up" discharge pipe compression coupling
15. oil fill and pneumatic fill (one way valve) over pressure safety valve - air pressure electric sensor
16. one way air flow valve
17. "start" cycle pneumatic valve and air compressor to air impeller toggle (causes the air compressor to act as an
air impeller to cause system start)
19. drive belt
23. dual shaft 12v Dc alternator (low electrical tension, electrical generator for lights, horn, radio etc...)
24. air compressor air impeller unit utilizes an electric actuation mechanical clutch (circuit references the air
pressure sensor in number 15), to re-fill the start up pneumatic "air" dissipation - keeps the air pressure at
system operational requirement
25. power steering / power break hydraulic fluid pump
26. automotive air conditioner refrigeration compressor unit with electric actuation mechanical clutch
27. air intake air filter
28. air pressure regulator causes the electric clutch to engage or disengage
29. cooling fan screened fan housing
30. automotive drive shaft
31. cooling fan (cools the sealed inert gas explosion proof electric motor)
32. main automotive electric motor cooling "fin"
33. main electric motor (dual shaft)
34. main electric motor wire "dock" - main motor electrical power feed
35. torque converter bolted to both the electric motor and the automotive transmission number 36
36. automotive automatic or manual transmission
37. logic processing system "control" electronic circuit box - electrical generator system control circuits "fuse block" and
system "relay box"
38. multi wire - ribbon wire "bus" connector wire docks system sensors and electric solenoids that control the oil flow valves
39. instrumentation multi wire - ribbon wire "bus" clip docks to the driver's dashboard
40. Magneto ( a, p.m. generator /ie... permanent magnet generator), main high voltage electricity generator internal
voltage regulator - contains compression contact points (between number 40 and number 41) for positive and
negative electricity feed to the magneto.
41. Magneto - used as electric motor (a permanent magnet electricity motor ) also "allows" also for the magneto's to act
in a motor function as a "baug" resistant circuit then electrical load resistant working in in tandem with the main
electric motor number 33's electricity level increase "motor". Uses the "re-introduction circuit" to then use a percentile
of the generated electricity from number 40 then increasing in tandem with the level of current applied to number 33,
main automotive electric motor.
42. large sprocket and through shaft that rotates the generator's armature (within number 40), magneto's
armature (within number 41), and alternator's armature, (within number 23 ) - ( expansion coil spring core hub
multi coil spring - tensions the drive chain)
43. drive chain
44. small sprocket
45. oil level dipstick and drive chain lubrication encasement (vented) oil fill port
46. oil "throttle" valve
47. hydraulic drive impeller
48. electromagnetic clutch and electric actuated mechanical clutch unit incorporates in tandem the electromagnetic clutch
to allow for drive line slippage to "control" the "run away effect" - mechanical clutch natural position
engaged - mechanical clutch disengages by high velocity rotation using a throw out disengage weighted throw out.
The clutch half then tandem rotating with the input shaft to the ratio gear set then contains an r.p.m. sensor
(revolutions per minute sensor), to report to the system's electronic control system, number 37, the rate of rotation
for the high speed hydraulic fluid pump number 51 to act as a redundant safety measure also to control the speed
of the hydraulic pump, number 51, via electronic logic reduction for correct system operation.
The logic processor then also to send the information to the dashboard mount r.p.m. gauge. The system's mechanical
clutch will use centrifugal motion to disengage with a weighted "throw out" disengage assisted by a lock out solenoid
allowing the electromagnetic clutch to function safely.
49. 1:10 ratio gear set sealed lubrication input rotation tandem with number 47 and output rotation (high side) then
tandem rotation with number 51
50. hydraulic "counter tilt" hydraulic (oil) impeller - nullified the mechanical resistance produced when using a ratio
gear set tandem rotating with the high side rotation "out put" rotation of number 49 - internal hydraulic impeller
tandem rotating with the internal oil pump "wheel" within number 51
51. high speed hydraulic pump
52. pneumatic pressure injection manifold - causes a spiral pump to lower the fluid pressure post hydraulic
pump number 51
53. oil valve - electric positioning via the motor system's logic mapping control circuits
54. valve control solenoid
55. suction safety oil inlet dampener valve - assist in oil flow pipe structural stability - prevents pipe implosion
56. air pressure injection valve
57. retention coil spring assist valve assembly number 17
58. pneumatic over pressure safety valve - vents over pressure
59. R.P.M. sensor - feeds information to the logic processor number 37 to then provide system regulation / speed
control and signal to electrify the electric dashboard mount gauges
The above design system is an "active" generator system for an electric vehicle that provides on demand electricity for "unlimited" range of travel with no "re-charging" required as the system does not require an electric storage battery to operate. The design is a bit different from other "hydraulic accelerator" fuel less generator system's used for automotive products in that the system uses adhesion post return hydraulic pump incurred by air pressure injection to lower the hydraulic pressure just after the hydraulic oil flow pump, number 51.
The system being a "hydraulic draft accelerator" an"Active" electricity generator is, an unlimited range electric vehicle motor platform. The act of sucking pneumatically pressurized (hydraulic oil) fluid through a rigid pipe causes the preceding hydraulic draft impeller, number 47 to cause hydraulic pump, number 51's speed incline, also yielding increased production of electricity for use by the electric vehicle's main electric motor, number 33.
In the confinement of a rigid flow pipe you cant "stretch" a fluid. The system air pressure in number 5 retained "pneumatic pressure" (air pressure) "working potential", then counteracts the mechanical resistance of the pump assembly. The "phase" of matter ( oil / air) then allows for the fluid, acting as a solid to return to the air pressure within the dual component pressure tank, number 5, faster than the oil is discharged causing a perpetual cycle.
The "Active" electricity generator then also implements a permanent magnet Magneto to produce the voltage regulated electrical current to induce the stator / field coil's magnetism within number 40. The magneto can also be made to act as an electric motor, then working in tandem with the electric vehicle's main "variable resistor" / potentiometer" foot pedal throttle so that the speed of the generator system accelerates in tandem with the increased electrical loading of the vehicles main electric motor number 33. Magnetos also can be used as electric motors. The system can be
Ac ( alternating current ) or Dc ( direct current) electrical current platforms.
The "operator" unlocks the start lock and with the electrical dash mount control switches position to allow the motor system to "run"... the operator pulls a coil spring retracting lever to open the pneumatic valves number 17 and number 56. This action causes the initial system rotation and electricity production within the Magneto. The electricity is then directed via logic circuit to the system solenoid oil flow control valves.
The discharge of air pressurized oil then causes the system to rotate producing an inclined level of electricity. The design then implements the "hydraulic draft effect" ie... pulling pressurized oil across a preceding hydraulic impeller that is rotating tandem with the input rotation of a high speed ratio gear set, number 49, who's mechanical resistance is counter acted upon by the hydraulic "counter tilt" oil flow system containing hydraulic impeller, number 50.
The through drive shaft then tandem rotating with the high speed hydraulic pump, number 51 causing the system to advance by pressurized fluid suction. The internal hydraulic impellers "wheel" within number 47 then tandem unions with the small sprocket, number 44, and rotates the drive chain and sprocket system producing electricity in the magneto. The "base idle" generator speed is maintained by the r.p.m. sensor's information then controlling the oil control valves and adjusting the electricity "re-introduction circuit" ie... "produced electrical current then directed to the "motoring" magneto".
The electromagnetic clutch in the drive line assembly is placed to prevent a "run away effect" in that the electric actuated mechanical clutch system (containing pressure plate clutch disk and fly wheel receiving plate), will disengage by centrifugal throw out weight incurred by high velocity rotation at which time the electromagnetic clutch part of the unit will become electrically energized and allow for drive line slippage as a safety feature. The flow system is static electricity controlled by a static electricity dissipation system to prevent an electrical shock hazard. The electric motors and electricity producing generators are explosion proof and of a sealed type containing inert non conductive Nobel gas. This is required to prevent low level Ozone formation in the environment.
The vehicle pneumatic system re-pressurizes as per required by the logic board extrapolating information collected from the pneumatic pressure sensor in number 15, to then cause the system air compressor to engage and "re-fill" the air pressure top half of the dual component air pressure oil pressure tank, number 5 ( air pressure within the pressure tank causes oil pressure). The generated electricity is applied to the main electric motor to move the automobile (transit bus). The air pressure level in the dual component pressure tank exceeds the total mechanical and electromagnetic resistance encountered when the system is active and in "run" mode. The oil volume level fills the lower half of the dual component oil pressure / air pressure storage tank, number 5.
The final encasement then must be resistant to the environmental conditions it will encounter. The motor / generator's final encasement must be made safe to prevent water inundation due to high flood advent. The system's mounting (motor mounts), then are electrically insulated from the chassis of the vehicle.