Design Desk Inc.
Algae Bio Reactor
After exploring the many avenues that the world then has proposed regarding alternative energy and fuel sources...algae bio reactors were examined. Finding them not sufficient for the fuel production to compensate for the event of "peak oil", then replacing the diesel with grown oil... but the reactors have other useful applications regarding oil production for plastics harvesting thus yielding a "grown" commodity that will have a lower environmental footprint and thus reducing CO2 ( carbon dioxide ) in it's production.
Algae then being used to produce oil ( hydrocarbon feed stock ) yielding plastics ,then mated with carbon thread, then as structural reinforcement for automotive body panels will then reduce the cost of a bicycle tractor and or other automotive body component within a lower range of production cost . The coils output production is scalable according to the application .... ie. length of the "grow coil" and "dark coil". The hydrocarbon feed stock then also sold will also off set the cost of the advanced automotive motor systems and assist in economy's stability as many products that the world then required for health and sanitation as well as food wrapping plastics , are then able to be derived from a grown source keeping the cost within the parameters as not to "shock" the economy..
The design will produce excess electricity and water via dehumidification then making it an attractive addition to a farm... the algae then converted to a plastic could be used to produce farm tools that do not rust.. The tools then composed of rigid plastic with carbon cloth reinforcements...
Aqua culture ( fish farms ) then are also able to be constructed with this design ..then keeping environmental toxins / hazardous particle out of their growth cycle. ( The aqua culture modification then requires slight design modification to keep the live stock safe ( slow pools added , offset spheres on the coils with independent filtration ) and by pass systems for the fish to avoid pumps intakes....
The sale of the Algae Bio Reactor' excess product... as hydrocarbon feed stock, electricity, excess potable water then will off set the cost of the self sustained electric car's motor / transmission and generator systems allowing for a lower retail sale making it a more affordable product for the public... this also then allows for advancements in safety systems then implemented at lower cost to the retail customer.
The water velocity within the coil systems may then allow for the "growth coil" to remain "clear" as the speed of the water may prevent the algae from adhering to the inner surface of the "growth coil " tube.
* Note the automotive sub-frames "Chassis" will then be of stainless steel for safety ( cost effective with electric furnaces). Electricity sale at reduced prices then may off set the cost of the automotive final product... then allowing for higher product refinement with a reduced retail cost.
* The single algae bio reactor then may also be made to drive additional coils then spread out across great acreage to gain in volume of product ie. as an example... 100+ additional "dumb" coils then with growth return tubes to the processing systems.... then driven by one algae bio reactor drive coil.....
1. Loom room ( production of burnt dry algae sludge then processed into a weave thread cloth to then be embedded in a thermo-setting resin produced from the algae oil
and cured in an enclave yielding automotive component parts ( fenders / seats / steering wheels/ etc... and other plastic products....
2. Thread processing room
3. Methane digester ( production of CH4) used to heat and char the algae post "cracking" / ie. post oil extraction. ( internal feed pump, wet vacuum to burner number 8 ) CO2 return then also heated slightly with used algae to then continual feed the digester making the cycle automatic the waste algae then travels to 13,21,47,27,51,8,4,2, and 1 then the weave through the vacuum system........
4. conveyor belt
5. hopper / electric
6. Air pressure storage tank
7. Air compressor / air filtered upon air intake
8. Char unit "burner" algae furnace / burns the dry algae to carbon..
9. Methane gas flow management system. Exhaust CO2 then cycled to the Amine Co2 stripper system to then be recycled....
10. Methane pressure gas pressure storage tank
11. Water cycle heating unit
12. Methane flow management control for gas water heater
13. Algae coil control unit ( allows for reseeding growth into the apex constant from output feed of sludge automatically ) / contains feed pumps
to load regulate the methane digester. So methane rich sludge is pumped to the methane digester and CO2 then returns to number 12
post gas stratification atop the digester...
14. water heater thermal exchanger unit/ allows for "growth coil" / "dark coil" to then be temperature regulated at optimal temperature.
15. mass water storage holding tank acts as capacitance thermal heat "sink"
16. CO2 ( carbon dioxide extraction from amine "stripper" system ) feeds CO2 to the "growth coil"
17. Methane gas regulation unit ( feeds the burner regulated pressure system logic and burner safety system / fault indication
and all stop sensors ).
18. N2 ( Nitrogen ) extraction system from external ambient air / acts as a fertilizer for the algae
19. Gas management system final algae coil injection gas rate N2 ( nitrogen ) / gas compressor system - produces gas pressure
20. Gas management system final algae coil injection gas rate CO2 ( carbon dioxide ) / gas compressor system - produces gas pressure
21. Gas management system final algae coil injection gas rate "air" injection system ( air from number 50 post number 55 ( bubbler ) / electric
air compressor and regulation system for pressure storage tank and gate valve to control air out flow from the apex of the coil at coil hub
with temperature and pressure sensors reporting to the logic mapping systems control electronics, number 36. The mixed gas out flow
from number 36 then to enter gas stratification system in number 13 to then be divided into its constituent components and then tube piped
to storage for safe system operation.. transparent coil "growth coil" has a base tube with air injection fittings to distribute air injection
evenly through the coil.
22. fuel less electricity generation system ( hydraulic draft generator http://designdeskinc.com/Hydraulic_Draft_Cycle.html ).
23. Algae sludge pool ventilation with intake and exit wet pumping
24. Dehumidification system / electric by number 22....
25. Distilled water holding tank and cooling thermal exchanger to manage the water temperature within the algae coils... flow tube connected to
the send valve into the transparent "growth coil" with the temperature then take at the exhaust to the "dark coil" as the albedo effect will
cause the "dark" to passively warm ie. a dark colored exterior... material also then acting as a passive water heater itself.
26. Air filter intake for dehumidification system
27. Algae sludge pool with intake and exit wet pumping to move sludge with oil cracking - oil extraction and exhaust oil pump to plastics
refinement hydrocarbon processing.
28. Plastics processing vacuum tube receiving carbon weave cloth travel tube
29. Carbon cloth storage
30. electrical power conduit
31. Vacuum enclave ( cures the composite plastic and cloth composite / enclave = oven dual door in - line production assembly line fashion...
32. finished part storage and loading bay to then allow flow of parts to main assembly line
35. lamp multi light for plant growth / locking ring clamp every 3 feet spaced apart by 18"
36. Algae coils center elevation high point... / injection manifolds for gas systems with over pressure safety venting with fault indication
sensors auto adjust gas feed pressure on all gas systems. ( the N2 and Co2 then bubble up from the base of the tank , number 36 to the
meter saturate the algae water , with the water to then be pulled down hill into the "dark coil" ).
37. "dark coil" night time cycle for the algae opaque ( down flow "dark coil" 15% increased diameter then referencing the diameter of the
"growth coil". Before the dark coil tube enters number 13 their are multiple over pressure pressure vents ( as per required by total pressure
and tube diameter ) that control their water discharge via into tube then into holding tank number 25 then again being recycled into the
system... may also feed water at high pressure to water injection system G4 ( sub component 36 ), with pressurization safety bypass
system that also dumps to number 25.
38. "growth coil" / day light cycle transparent tube
39. vacuum travel tube ( transports bundles of carbon weave cloth on card board reusable spindles with hard circular end caps.. )
40. oil transport tube
41. algae out flow sludge out flow tube ( pumping contained in number 13).
42. N2 ( nitrogen ) transference tube to number 36
43. CO2 ( carbon dioxide transference tube ) to number 36
44. Air pressure travel tube from number 36 to number 21
45. Distilled water injection tube / thermal management port may inject hot or cold distilled water
46. Distilled water injection tube / thermal management port may inject hot or cold distilled water
47. hot thermal exchanger flow tubes send and return / pressure safety system for venting safety valve over pressure safety vent
48. ventilation evacuation tube with power conduit around the exterior / insulated and electrically grounded to control system static electricity
49. CO2 (carbon dioxide pressure storage tank )
50. Air pressure storage tank
51. Algae sludge tube feeds the burner unit to produce "char"
52. Methane feed pressure tubes / feeds burner redundant with fault indication and safety system
53. Methane digester warmer flow tubes ( cold weather cycle )/ ( mild heating of the digester is required... from the heating exchanger
system tubes from number 13 to number 3 cycle coil methane to the digester one way flow valves upon transference tubes / system
is monitored for flow pressure and volume rate with all stop safety function should component failure and or temperature is to high also then
re circulating the collection gas after methane separation in number 13 to then recycle via tube to number 21 and into number 36 to
again cycle Gas component level systems ppm ( parts per million then monitored in number 13. . Methane from the coil then collected in
gas stratification in number 13 to the digester... CO2 from the methane digester then to number 13 to then enter the CO2 feed system.
54. Methane digester exhaust tubes with redundant safety system and fault indication reporting to coil control logic electronics / system mapping.
55. air compressor also tube connection system with one way valve to number 50.
56. Systems logic multi wire bus connector ( system mapping control electronics in number 22 ) plugs in all sensors
( monitor and fault circuits ) and electric actuation valves in the flow system to control temperature, water flow rate, lighting,
dehumidification, conveyor rate, gas pressures, vacuum tube transport , monitors burner ... etc.
57. Algae sludge feed tube / with water balencer flow cycle
Unit number 13 Sub schematic;
Component labeling for sub schematic in number 13
"A" = 1:2 ratio gear set ( with electromagnetic clutch and optional "counter tilt" hydraulic impeller ( by pressurized water flow post "K" ) to
zero incline resistance when a ratio gear set is used ). Electromagnetic clutch then powered by methane thermopile generator
( gas / methane fired generator / piston type impeller with transmission ) connected to permanent magnetic dynamo and Ac generator
with magneto.. ( Back up clutch power / electricity primary circuit then "draft cycle generator , number 22).
"B" = gear ( will also be able to drive an additional torque converter via inter-meshed drive gear then connected to drive shaft connecting to
an automatic transmission with the output rotation of the transmission connected ( via drive shaft ) to a high voltage generator to
produce electricity for systems power ( electricity ) or to electrify exterior utility grid systems for the Utility ( electricity ) provider..
Additional high speed air compressor system ( feeds air pressure bubble to the "growth coil" ), and water pump then with intake from
the dome , letter "I" then may be driven by gear "B" to then vent water into the top of the "dark coil" also then injecting in a spiraling
fashion causing an Archimedes compression fluid screw increasing the down force and "head weight in the "dark coil".
"C" = "growth coil" tube
"D" = "dark coil"
"S" = 1:10 ratio gear set ( high side rotation to letter "N"). ( with electromagnetic clutch and optional "counter tilt" hydraulic
impeller ( by pressurized water flow post "K" ) to zero incline resistance when a ratio gear set is used ).
Electromagnetic clutch then powered by methane thermopile generator ( gas / methane fired generator / piston type impeller with transmission ) connected to permanent magnetic dynamo and Ac generator with magneto.. ( Back up clutch power / electricity primary circuit then "draft cycle generator , number 22).
"F" = water pump
"H" = water impeller
"I" = algae sludge separator with filter dome with outlet ports for gas stratification unit , to then allow the coil gas to be stratified separated into
like molecules in additional unit... contains a filter screen. Dome also contains out let ports for gas "wick" ( gas flow out ) and the
electric assist air injection pumps.
" J" = algae sludge separator
"K" = combined component air pressure water pressure tank with over pressure safety vent valve
" L " = tube
"Q" = tube
" O" = tube
" P" = algae sludge out flow tube
"M" = over pressure pressure relief safety valve
"N" = water pump
"R" = 1:2 ratio gear set . * Note - assembly "R" then is a 1:2 ratio gear set then upon the draft intake flow of the "growth coil " driving the evacuation of "J" then to pressurize the combined component air pressure water under air pressure labeled as "K", at twice the intake "draft" flow rate. This allows "N" to then have sufficient water to send at amplified rate of velocity into the top "apex" of the "down hill "dark coil" causing a mechanical syphon.
* Note - water line "tube" post ( after letter "N" ) then injecting water into the top of the "dark coil" also causing spiraling flow to increase compression and cause water to stir... the air bubble injection system then introduced into the "growth coil" will also cause a spiraling water flow effect to churn the algae exposing it to sunlight as well as the lamp system...
* Note - pump assemblies connected by drive shafts....and ratio gearing systems
* "B" driven by interfacing gears from the pump assemblies then connected by drive shafts....
Unit number 36 Algae bio Reactor ( center Apex )
A1. Lightning suppression ( electrical ground ).
B1. Pneumatic pressure feed tube. from 50.. with valve control system in 21
C1. one way valve
D1. over pressure safety pressure relief valve
E1. Variable electric vent valve
F1. P.S.I. ( pounds per square inch ) sensor reports to the system mapping logic control circuits
G1. Water pressure over pressure safety valve with actuation sensor reports to electronics control system to then adjust entire system
for operational safety
H1. water pipe 90 degree union elbow ( h1 to r5 to 21 then to number 13 , water / gas stratification separation via additional feed tube.
mixed gas component constant gas stratification tube is depicted directly above ( vacuum tube ).
J1. Curving flow pipe
K1. Venturi Archimedes bender
M1. "Growth coil" discharge vector bend discharge flow director ( causes flow discharge to be directed against the side wall of the
N1. one way valve ( for N2, CO2, and air pressure)
O1. over pressure , pressure safety valve
P1. Air pressure tube ( air injection system )
Q1. CO2 ( carbon Dioxide injection system )
R1. N2 ( nitrogen injection system )
S1. angle vector injection pipe
T1. One way Valve
U1. High Pressure water injection tube ( from mechanical water pump then by gear "B" in number 13 with bypass over flow cycle to letter "J"
V1. Water pressure sensor ( reports to logic control circuits to keep the system with in mechanical operating parameters for the
mechanical propertied of the selection material.
W1. Water valve ( "chamber "start" cycle fill system.. ) dual directional valve output
X1. Water flow tube ( high pressure confinement rating )
Z1. Multi component pressure containment vessel ( Vacuum chamber to negative pressure as the weight of the water within the water column
to allow "growth coil" drag / will also work with air pressure in z1.).
AA2. Hard plate baffle with polar array of through ports ( for compressed gas to then enter the "dome" for extraction
AA3. Multi stack wire mesh screened restriction Baffle
AA4. Flow contour directional insert and "drag tube" retainer bracket
B2. pressure fitting dual function injection cycle.... ( clean out / gas cycle and hyper pressure water injection system ( incline sequence
for maximum rate of "dark coil" velocity).
C3. exterior pressure tank pipe water extraction tube to then cause twisted venturi within the pressure tank
D4. Pipe couplings
D5. Pipe coupling
D6. dual "fan" water jet impeller driven by water jet from G6 ( inner diameter 30% of total pipe total ) and compressor remainder 65% of
pipe capacity ) tandem function compressor surrounds the impeller ( circular )
D7. pipe coupling
E3. "growth coil" ( algae coil )
E4. "Dark coil" ( night cycle for the algae ) increased diameter by 15% + ie. may be as large as 50 % larger in diameter in reference to
"growth coil" diameter The terminal end of the "dark coil" will be designed so that their is a shape deviation from the circular tube as to
then cause low algae count then passing through the over pressure safety sensors then with the water traveling to G4 and water injection tip.
The terminal lower end of the "dark coil tube" then morphing into an oval with a column then atop the protuberance, with entry screen
stack algae filter and baffles the top of the column mounts the series of pressure regulation valves toward the top.
Their is also then a burst spray system (water), to knock algae downward off then columns inner screen stack into the main part of the coil.
The constant feed water pressure into g4 is then post high speed water pump in number 13 tube labeled as "O", also then with branching flow feed pipe as pressure relief with valving system ( electric actuation with positional indicator temperature and pressure sensor ) then into the pressure "hub" number 36 , then entering "U1" ans S1" flow pipe.
F2. support bracket
F3. Support bracket
G4. high pressure injection tube ( pressure derived from the terminal end of the "dark coil" then from the staged multi safety valve over
flow ( ie the end of the "dark coil " then has multiple over pressure safety valves then at different pressure relief tensions.. the pressure
relief valves, with vent tubes that are then all connected to G4 injection tube, increase the "dark coils speed " the over pressure safety
valves also contain actuation sensors and are connected to the electronics circuit processing / control system then regulating
system components by the information they receive. ( The valves upon the terminal end of the " dark coil" then act similar to an R.P.M.
sensor for water velocity ) . The "tip" orifice is 1.5" diameter ( should prevent clogging ).
G6. electric solenoid actuation focus pressure tip that jets outward to then impale an additional compressor and impeller system 2' into the
dark coil" the impeller / compressor unit has, at center, 30% diameter of the"dark coil" diameter then with compressor / propeller then
65% of "dark coil" diameter .. both the impeller and compressor ( propeller like jet fan transonic ) as one unit rotating in tandem so that
the water jet from G6 then causes the impeller to rotate and the compressor to accelerate the water pressure and velocity in the "dark coil"
R5. tube ( valve e1 then mixed gas extraction to 21 for stratification and molecule isolation into components to then recycle into the system...
( in number 13 sub letter "O" then into r5,t1, through d7 and then enters the "dark coil" to cause greater down ward
volume ( via high vacuum / wicks off volatile gas) and force "head weight" to then cause suction. Due to lower pressure the air
entering the dome top at 36 then is also temperature regulated slightly heated to prevent icing from causing the flow system to
stall... ( vacuum pump driven by "B"). R5 then at the top of the water column located just below the gas pressure dome is then the
water pressure motivator for the "dumb coil" depicted as follows;
The "Boost Pump for drive pressure is depicted as follows;
* Note - The "head weight of the "dark coil" ( down hill water weight.. is then also impaling an impeller system to the jack the water uphill to
then assist the pump... the air \ injection bubble system will also assist in the water rising as the adhesion of the bubble
( surface tension will tend to cause a drag of water in close proximity...
* Note - "A" is then a pneumatic control valve upon the feed tube that is electric and manual actuation systems with pressure sensor
( redundant ) to then control the "bubble rate" injection into the "growth coil " The injection points of air pressure are then in between
each grow light / clamp lamp system, number 35. ( * injection rate / and volume of air injection equation derived from average
stratification ppm ( parts per million ) of gas constituency to cause non hazardous gas blend in the "growth coil" ).
* Note - "B" is the bubble ( air pressure ) injection tube then intersecting the "growth coil" with one way valving at the coupling compression
fitting / coupling, then upon the "growth coil"
* Note - Anarobic bacteria for the Methane digester derived from the lavatory.....
* Note - entire system is electrically grounded for static electricity at required electrical capacitance points ie. flow tubes...
* Note - number 35 then along the full length of the transparent "growth" coil number 38.
* Note - full gas recovery systems may be added to this design for closed loop ( sealed ) operation in outer space.. ie. intake into
numbers 16 , 18, and 19.. ( gas gain will occur )atmospheric production system for space stations.. System may demonstrate
molecular gain from sealed system... kinda strange...
* Note - The coils and component parts may then become self replicating ie factories that grow more factories..... reduces the
* Note - System will "start" with first filling with water until the bleed valve upon the water out flow tube R5,H1,R5,G1,R5. yields water .Then
the vacuum is caused by vacuum pump intake a unit additional to the air compressor system that feeds bubbler.
* Note - The vacuum pump pulls negative pressure in Z1 then being rotated by gear "B". Fresh air is then being pumped into the "growth coil"
and into the bubbler by air compressor driven by gear "B". The fresh air acts as a gas dilution system to cause a non hazard of
any volatile gas components that may occur and is caused with sensor and fault alarm system in either of the two gas stratification
units ... ie . in number 21 and or in number 13.
* Note - water will then fill the system until the bleed valve upon the water out flow tube R5,H1,R5,G1,R5.... This is the main pressure
out flow system that will motivate the "dumb " coils with the water flow to then again return to the primary holding tank number 25
* Note - once the compounding water velocity is reached the vacuum in Z1 then changes to an air pressure cycle that does purge itself to vent
the mix of Co2, N2, and air pressure ( bubbler ) to the stratification system.
* Note - The "dumb coils" ( algae "grow coils" ) will then return to the main processing system then into number 27 for oil extraction and
bio mass processing post oil "cracking".
A pressure dome then is atop the water cycle then catching the feed stock N2 ( nitrogen ) and the CO2 ( carbon dioxide ) to
re circulate the gas post bubble up from the base of number 36...... The top of the "pressure dome" ( with water column higher than
the "dark coil" entry orifice also then with gas restriction baffle screen, low permeation.. column water weight + water fill tube / pipe
(36 union with 48) , causing swirl stir by injection vector ( coriolis effect ) to cause motion in the water column, yielding greater gas evacuation ).
This then allowing for gas capture in the dome at the top..causing circulation via number 44 to number 21 for stratification
an / stratification . Gas pressure confinement in the dome ( ie. in reference to the material selection process ) must then made to retain
a gas pressure greater than the "coils" confinement pressure rating.. ie. " to the have the pressure as as a solid so that it sucks the
water from the top of the "growth coil" and does not evacuate the gas within water column or lower the pressure the gas capture
dome... The pressure dome is controlled evacuated at limited rate to then purge the system and prevent methane problem...
A pressure regulation sensor is also connected to the system atop the pressure dome at number 36 also connected to the
control electronics , to adjust the water level and pressure range for correct operation. Think of a syringe ( ie. growth coil ) the down force then
pulling by greater weight of water weight plus spiraling fluid dynamic motion then adding pressure weight by motion of fluid... to then increase
the total system fluid velocity rate.. increasing inertia of mass in motion..... then one can derive greater energy for a sustained motion system.
Materials travel via tubes... The mechanical mechanism the at the out flow of the "dark coil" will impale a hydraulic impeller to then cause rotation if amplification ratio gear set of 1:2 with the 2 of the gear set then driving a water pump with electric assistance and optional pneumatically pressurized gain system.
Where the air pressure will then add pressure to fill the "dark coil" with additional water pressure to cause a syphon effect. The 1:2 ratio gear set then pressurizing the "growth coil" to push the water up hill.
The high end of the gear set then will also drive a planetary gear / differential drive system then pumping the return water ( low algae
count ) just below ( after ) the apex of the "dark coil" adding to the down hill water head weight . The "dark coil" will then produce a syphon effect by mechanical method. The electric water pumping system mainly used for temperature control injection.
* Note - the algae may also then be used to fertilize the fields of the un-used land as the arid regions an land can then be used with an increased fertility rate where then the destruction of indigenous land ie. rain forest tropical regions can the be left alone also to allow for the natural genius to continue to evolve.