Design Desk Inc.
Advanced Highway System
The following design system then a dual deck road way that allows for the separation of passenger cars and freight trucks. The design then improves commerce in the weather since the lower deck is not directly exposed to snow or ice. The out lay of the earth berm then also producing natural resistance to flooding.The design is superior to other methods of truss span also due to the road surface that allows the system to force dry air then displacing fog. The base wall and rise wall will prevent cross median head on collisions then keeping the vehicles within the roads track.
* Note - between the "tie plate" and the asphalt perpendicular I-beam carbon graphite and outer
plate "decking" is then installed along with the bolt system, to tie the length together the system
then with tension long rods of flex "crowned" rods ( similar to fiberglass yes derived from algae
plastics and non bio degradable fiber). The material of the decking upper exposed surface heat
tolerance then able to exceed the temperature of the asphalt deposition. The "decking" then a stagger
pattern interlocking by the long rod and bolt insertions. A compression bender tool using
hydraulic compression and mild heat will be required to allow for the "decking" to follow the contour
of the roads curves. A long bore drill may also be required to then reem the boreholes when
aligning curves allowing ease of installation of the perpendicular long rod and or bole system.
* Note - The base wall then also with three cable tie retainers to then keep the vertical integrity
intact. The adjustment turn buckle then within the horizontal service tube. The wall back fill
then of compressed earth. The spacing of the base wall cables determined by final thickness
and mechanical properties of the base walls composition. The compressed back fill then to
give sufficient resistance yet allow a shock absorption zone within the base wall acting as a
shock absorption impact force scatter so that the force is deflected not to effect the total truss
system. To be clear the base wall is a separate unit than the vertical truss member acting as
an impact barrier.
*Note - Upon the vertical structural member of the outer plate of stainless steel then encases the inner
laminate of the carbon graphite composite.The sub structure upon the upper "deck" ( "cars only"
road way then also is of the same I-Beam composition then with the horizontal road
way " span (width) with a stainless steel "plates" then encapsulating the carbon graphite
laminate composite surrounding the I- Beam.
* Note - the "tie plates" then are placed staggered and lock the vertical "truss" and are made of
non corrosive stainless steel ( via electromagnet upon remote controlled flight drone )
* Note - the "truss" is a short span system so that they are spaced at close interval ( 2' - 4' ) to then yield
correct vertical and horizontal support for the load capacity that they will encounter.
* Note - The interlocking bolts( stainless steel), then tie the system in a staggered fashion so that
a continual locking tie occurs
* Note - in the horizontal service tube ( water tight man hole cover), will then be flood control
drainage pumping in flood prone regions. The back fill then will cause natural berm to the
prevent water inundation effecting travel.
* Note - service panels then will also be constructed but not installed to enclose the system if required!
* Note - On ramps and exit ramps then of standard construction also with the road rug system
* Note - cables and turnbuckles then composed of stainless steel and are electrically grounded.
* Note - the above design system then made cost effective to install because of reduced cost of
materials by using http://www.designdeskinc.com/algae-bio-reactor.html and
The two above links the reduce to cost of materials by fuel less metal refinement and the bio reactor then "grows" structural components then off setting the total cost of the system
* Note - Vertical and horizontal structural rivet assembly then with flex bushings to allow for thermal
expansion and contraction then allowing for minute movement without failure. The rivet then
compresses locking plates to retain the system install unit ( install unit = distance of structure able
to be handled by machinery without the steel plate sub deck or asphalt. The install unit does contain
the support rods that through "thread" the individual vertical structural members.. Small rod
then are guide pins that align the assembly while the final compression bolts are installed.
* Note - additional service short run exits are the also placed with this system so that if a vehicle
becomes disabled or is pulled over by law enforcement, the officers or driver is not endangered
by traffic at velocity or imperiled by inclement weather with traffic moving. The "off gate" addition
is then much safer than just pulling over to the shoulder of the road and allows reentry to the
* Note - bends and curves as well as incline and decline are accommodated for within the total system
by numbered shim then being placed under the "stainless steel deck plates" to adjust the rise
gain or declination of the roads surface. The shims are then milled by computer controlled
CNC lathe and are also of stainless steel.
Once installed the shims are welded to the surface
sub plates and the surface cap plate of the structural I-beam at an
inter locking "reinforcement bracket" that corner bolts the system together ( placed when
the short rods are aligned to stabilize the system during construction also adding to horizontal
stabilization of the "truss".
All bolt and nut assemblies are then with lock washer torqued to
the required specification and then welded.long tension rods are then the length of the installation
assembly with long rods then interlocking into the adjacent installation assembly. The long rods
are tension to then crown correctly adding compression resistance to assist in supporting the
* Note - The upper deck rise wall then of sufficient strength and height to retain a vehicle at the rate of
speed upon the road way.
* Note - At the base of the angles supports then earth then acts like a locking box mechanism then with
the angled support "box grid" being filled with earth as two truss are installed tied as one unit then
the long distance truss is installed the inward slant solid face upon the base of the angled truss
support then acting like a horizontal stabilized due to it's angle then compressed by the weight of
earth atop and acted upon by the horizontal cable and turnbuckle system.
The solid plates then join two truss in close proximity with the "under face" solid then connecting
the two close distance truss so that the solid plate is mounted upon the inward tilted vertical angle
support structural members at their base. This assist the earth compacted between
the "box grid" plates assisting in the angled support stability by tamped / compacted weight
of the natural berm to prevent road way flooding..
* Note - due to the effect of staggered light by the vertical truss members the repeating pattern while
in travel causes distraction to the drivers so to mitigate this observance the solve is then to
illuminate the interior of the truck & car base road way and use a netting slant roof upon the
exterior to then dim the effects of sun set..... sun rise... and all day!
* Note - The system installed with the side panels in place then acts as a storm shelter also the off
gates then can be enclosed to be safe haven from snow storm, rain storm, tornado, hurricane or heavy
hail at with the "off gates" then at repeating interval.
More to come....